From 06/10/2012 to 07/09/2012
- 05:32 PM Support #73: availability of a_schsta - Is NAME's school a state school or is it a private, fee paying school?
- This is part of the Parents and children module asked every other wave from wave 1 onwards (https://www.understanding...
- 05:16 PM Support #73 (Closed): availability of a_schsta - Is NAME's school a state school or is it a private, fee paying school?
I am carry out a study using Understanding Society for the Young Foundation and have ESDS permission. I wish to...
- 06:26 PM Support #72 (Closed): Single PSU per strata
I've been looking at the time 1 youth completion data. When I attempt to adjust for the design using SVYS...
- 12:47 PM Support #71 (Closed): Retirement planning module
I am interested in the retirement planning module. According to the content plan it should be included in wave 2...
- 11:22 AM Support #56 (Closed): BHPS Variable problem
- 11:19 AM Support #69 (In Progress): New cases in interim release second wave of youth self-completion data
- 11:18 AM Support #69: New cases in interim release second wave of youth self-completion data
- > I've been looking at the second time point youth self-completion data. I've just been focussing on those originatin...
- 08:51 AM Support #70 (In Progress): Public vs. private sector
Have a look at job sector question,JBSECT, under "Employment: Sector and Duties":https://www.iser.essex.ac.u...
- 05:00 PM Support #70 (Closed): Public vs. private sector
Im fairly new to the BHPS, so this question may be a bit straightforward for the more proficient amongst you,...
- 10:05 AM Support #68 (In Progress): SOC90 reliability flag and parental occupation when the respondent was aged 14 years
- Thanks for your request. We are planning to release job title coded to latest SOC classification (for UKHLS: 2000 or ...
- 05:27 PM Support #65 (In Progress): question bhps j1gold, pagold
- You are correct that these question are routed, e.g. father's occupation when respondent was aged 14 years is routed ...
- 11:39 AM Support #69 (Closed): New cases in interim release second wave of youth self-completion data
I've been looking at the second time point youth self-completion data. I've just been focussing on those...
- 10:00 PM Support #66 (Closed): Weights - Longitudinal BHPS
- 09:58 PM Support #66: Weights - Longitudinal BHPS
- Ok, thanks for your response.
- 03:00 PM Support #66: Weights - Longitudinal BHPS
Unfortunately, the weight that you need for your analysis is not available at the moment. The best weight t...
- 01:36 PM Support #64 (Closed): weighting youth data
- 12:41 PM Support #67 (In Progress): LVWHY
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The variable corresponding to lvwhy (pdf questionnaire, p.8) _is_ ...
- 12:20 PM Support #59 (Closed): Linking BHPS - Understanding Society
- 12:19 PM Support #56 (In Progress): BHPS Variable problem
First of all apologies for not getting back to you earlier (the good news is that we preparing more UKHLS data ...
- 04:27 PM Support #68 (Closed): SOC90 reliability flag and parental occupation when the respondent was aged 14 years
- Dear User Support,
1) Could you please confirm the coding of the SOC90 reliability flag variables? - i.e. does 1 i...
- 04:31 PM Support #67 (Closed): LVWHY
The questionaire (p.8) tells me that the following variable: "LVWHY. Leavers - Why Left" should be availab...
- 04:08 PM Support #66 (Closed): Weights - Longitudinal BHPS
- Dear support team,
I was intending on using the BHPS sub-sample in wave 2 as the final wave of a longitudinal stud...
- 09:52 AM Support #65 (Closed): question bhps j1gold, pagold
- Dear Sir or Madam,
I have a question regarding the variables social class of first job (j1gold) and parental soci...
- 06:07 PM Support #54 (Closed): Weights for youth self-completion data
- 05:40 PM Support #62 (Closed): Questionnaire content - Olympics
- 05:40 PM Support #58 (Closed): Youth Wave 1 data
- 05:39 PM Support #57 (Closed): urban rural coding issue
- 05:38 PM Support #53 (Closed): "Events" variable BHPS
- 05:38 PM Support #52 (Closed): Components of weighting variable a_indinus_xw
- 05:37 PM Support #48 (Closed): Height variable in wave 16 of BHPS
- 05:37 PM Support #46 (Closed): Review Board
- 05:36 PM Support #45 (Closed): BHPS year first job
- 05:36 PM Support #55 (Closed): Do weights adjust for non-independence of children within households?
- 05:34 PM Support #63 (In Progress): Identifying Underemployment
- Not a direct question, but the annual event history module of the questionnaire contains questions about whether the ...
- 01:39 PM Support #64: weighting youth data
- Thank you for your questions. Yes, one needs to use all three (weights, strata and clusters) in any analysis. The bes...
- 02:26 PM Support #64 (Closed): weighting youth data
- I have a quick query regarding the analysis of the UKHLS data - I have been running analysis using the sample weighti...
Also available in: Atom