I have two questions and I would be grateful if you can share stata syntax examples:
1. How to link multi-able waves of COVID-19 survey to multi-able main UKHLS survey?
2. How to link Feed-forward variables from the "xsample" file to the above waves?
Updated by Understanding Society User Support Team 8 months ago
- Category set to Data linkage and consents
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
You can link these datasets using the unique identifier variable, that is, pidp. The syntax files are available here: https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/documentation/mainstage/syntax "Merging individual files across waves into wide format" or "Merging individual files across waves into long format" depending on what format you are planning to use. You will need to adjust the code slightly, changing the file names etc. You can also have a look at examples 2 (wide format) and 3 (long) in our online Moodle course which explains the steps you need to do and why. Please take a look at the worksheets (which guides you step by step through the process) and the accompanying do file and log file.
Understanding Society User Support Team