From 05/28/2012 to 06/26/2012
- 10:00 PM Support #66 (Closed): Weights - Longitudinal BHPS
- 09:58 PM Support #66: Weights - Longitudinal BHPS
- Ok, thanks for your response.
- 03:00 PM Support #66: Weights - Longitudinal BHPS
Unfortunately, the weight that you need for your analysis is not available at the moment. The best weight t...
- 01:36 PM Support #64 (Closed): weighting youth data
- 12:41 PM Support #67 (In Progress): LVWHY
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The variable corresponding to lvwhy (pdf questionnaire, p.8) _is_ ...
- 12:20 PM Support #59 (Closed): Linking BHPS - Understanding Society
- 12:19 PM Support #56 (In Progress): BHPS Variable problem
First of all apologies for not getting back to you earlier (the good news is that we preparing more UKHLS data ...
- 04:27 PM Support #68 (Closed): SOC90 reliability flag and parental occupation when the respondent was aged 14 years
- Dear User Support,
1) Could you please confirm the coding of the SOC90 reliability flag variables? - i.e. does 1 i...
- 04:31 PM Support #67 (Closed): LVWHY
The questionaire (p.8) tells me that the following variable: "LVWHY. Leavers - Why Left" should be availab...
- 04:08 PM Support #66 (Closed): Weights - Longitudinal BHPS
- Dear support team,
I was intending on using the BHPS sub-sample in wave 2 as the final wave of a longitudinal stud...
- 09:52 AM Support #65 (Closed): question bhps j1gold, pagold
- Dear Sir or Madam,
I have a question regarding the variables social class of first job (j1gold) and parental soci...
- 06:07 PM Support #54 (Closed): Weights for youth self-completion data
- 05:40 PM Support #62 (Closed): Questionnaire content - Olympics
- 05:40 PM Support #58 (Closed): Youth Wave 1 data
- 05:39 PM Support #57 (Closed): urban rural coding issue
- 05:38 PM Support #53 (Closed): "Events" variable BHPS
- 05:38 PM Support #52 (Closed): Components of weighting variable a_indinus_xw
- 05:37 PM Support #48 (Closed): Height variable in wave 16 of BHPS
- 05:37 PM Support #46 (Closed): Review Board
- 05:36 PM Support #45 (Closed): BHPS year first job
- 05:36 PM Support #55 (Closed): Do weights adjust for non-independence of children within households?
- 05:34 PM Support #63 (In Progress): Identifying Underemployment
- Not a direct question, but the annual event history module of the questionnaire contains questions about whether the ...
- 01:39 PM Support #64: weighting youth data
- Thank you for your questions. Yes, one needs to use all three (weights, strata and clusters) in any analysis. The bes...
- 02:26 PM Support #64 (Closed): weighting youth data
- I have a quick query regarding the analysis of the UKHLS data - I have been running analysis using the sample weighti...
- 03:50 PM Support #62: Questionnaire content - Olympics
That's correct - you can find the questionnaire for Wave 4 here:
- 02:31 PM Support #63 (Closed): Identifying Underemployment
- Dear support team,
I have been looking for a measure of 'underemployment' in the Understanding Society dataset for...
- 05:22 PM Support #62 (Closed): Questionnaire content - Olympics
- Are there are plans to use Understanding Society to assess what the legacy of the Olympics (e.g. on physical activity...
- 10:22 AM Support #60 (Closed): SL Version W2 Interim Relaease
- 10:21 AM Support #60: SL Version W2 Interim Relaease
- please see #57
- 10:20 AM Support #57: urban rural coding issue
- The full urban-rural classifications have so far only been released on the full Mainstage Wave 1 Special License data...
- 01:53 PM Support #61: HOUSEHOLD INCOME
- We are in the process of documenting the methodology for deriving the income variables.
I will send you an email as ...
- 11:43 AM Support #61: HOUSEHOLD INCOME
- Ethan, Please see #36
- 11:06 AM Support #61 (Closed): HOUSEHOLD INCOME
- Please can you tell me how you calculate household income from the understanding society questionnaire? I would be gr...
- 10:48 AM Support #60 (Closed): SL Version W2 Interim Relaease
- Jakob, Which study number holds the SL version of the W2 interim release? I was very pleased when you told me I could...
- 09:54 AM Support #58 (In Progress): Youth Wave 1 data
- 09:52 AM Support #58: Youth Wave 1 data
The Mainstage Wave 1 Youth file (N=4,899) contains the questionnaire responses from 11-15 year olds in respo...
- 09:39 AM Support #59: Linking BHPS - Understanding Society
- NATCHILD records both resident and non-resident children (together identified by childno) - only the former will have...
- 05:55 PM Support #59: Linking BHPS - Understanding Society
- Thanks, Jacob.
The file a_natchild has 26 observations which are not uniquely identified by hidp and childno (an...
- 03:18 PM Support #59 (In Progress): Linking BHPS - Understanding Society
> 1. Is there any documentation that allows me to easily check whether a BHPS variable is available in Un...
- 02:46 PM Support #59 (Closed): Linking BHPS - Understanding Society
- I am using BHPs data and wish to link it a) to the BHPS sample households in Understanding Society, and b) use a pool...
- 09:21 AM Support #58 (Closed): Youth Wave 1 data
- Hello. I have downloaded the Wave 1 youth dataset and have 4,899 individuals. This total does not marry up with the f...
- 12:00 PM Support #57: urban rural coding issue
- Thank you. Please tell me the SN for the special liceence version with full urbanity classification for the US Wave 2...
- 11:40 AM Support #57 (In Progress): urban rural coding issue
- 11:39 AM Support #57: urban rural coding issue
The full urban-rural classification is only on the "Special License version":https://www.understandingsociety.a...
- 10:49 AM Support #57 (Closed): urban rural coding issue
- I am trying to continue analyses I have carried out with the 18 waves of BHPS with the inclusion of the BHPS incorpor...
- 11:18 AM Support #53 (In Progress): "Events" variable BHPS
From the following you can add W11 to the list of waves where Important-Events were collected
Also available in: Atom