From 07/28/2013 to 08/26/2013
- 08:57 PM Support #186 (Closed): Weighting for couple data
- Dear User Support,
I have matched spouses using the wave 1 data and my unit of analysis is marriage, with two var...
- 05:00 PM Support #185 (Closed): Pre-participation unemployment spell
Is there a variable that records if a participant experienced a spell of unemployment *before* they began p...
- 12:33 PM Support #184: How the derived variable of highest educational qualification is derived?
- Sorry, just found two earlier posts with the same question with mine. Already sorted out. Thanks!
BTW, a useful onli...
- 11:59 AM Support #184 (Closed): How the derived variable of highest educational qualification is derived?
- Hi guys, in my research I need to classify people's educational levels. I find the derived variable of highest educat...
- 01:54 PM Support #180 (Closed): Sports Club membership among Scottish adults
- 01:24 PM Support #180: Sports Club membership among Scottish adults
- Many thanks.
- 12:19 PM Support #180: Sports Club membership among Scottish adults
- Thanks for making us aware of this error. B_club should have been asked if the response to any of the sports question...
- 05:05 PM Support #183: Variables in "b_ptimings_ip" of IP2
- From the Innovation Panel study user guide: "Timings data files (W_PTIMINGS AND W_HTIMINGS) include data on the time ...
- 04:42 PM Support #173 (Closed): Understanding "inapplicable"
- You are correct that there are several possible reasons for inapplicability in BHPS's xwavedat. As for UKHLS, users s...
- 04:34 PM Support #178: Marital Satisfaction Availability in Wave K?
- Unfortunately, we can only confirm your observations; so, No and No.
- 11:30 AM Support #181 (Closed): Age for youths in the youth questionnaire
- 11:29 AM Support #175 (Closed): Over 24K participants seem to have no waves of data
- 03:16 PM Support #183 (Closed): Variables in "b_ptimings_ip" of IP2
- I am trying to extract the time spent on each block by individual, however, the variables in "b_ptimings_ip" are quit...
- 09:28 PM Support #177: SF36 in BHPS and SF12 in UKHLS
- The derivation of PCS and MCS is described here with reference to the original paper;
- 08:40 PM Support #182: Derived Variable a_hiqual_dv
- The reply to #74 looks useful - let us know if there is anything you would like us to follow up on.
- 08:30 PM Support #176: Missing parental data
- I don't have access to the data right now to reproduce your results, but can offer a few hints...
The relationships ...
- 06:26 PM Support #181: Age for youths in the youth questionnaire
- the w_INDALL file holds the basic demographics of the whole household including youth respondents.
- 01:10 PM Support #182 (Closed): Derived Variable a_hiqual_dv
There seems to be no documentation on how the derived variables were compiled and I was wondering if you could t...
- 11:16 AM Support #181 (Closed): Age for youths in the youth questionnaire
I was wondering if there was an easy way to determine the age of the individuals in the youth questionnaire to u...
- 11:59 AM Support #180 (Closed): Sports Club membership among Scottish adults
I have a query relating to the variable b_club, (sports club membership).
I am wanting to calculate two fi...
- 02:01 PM Support #179 (Closed): mariatl status change between wave 1 and 2
- Dear all,
I want to combine the marital histories from wave 1 and the new events reported in wave 2.
In the seco...
- 09:44 PM Support #178 (Closed): Marital Satisfaction Availability in Wave K?
- First, I hope this is the appropriate venue for this. I have asked other people and they steered me here.
- 01:54 PM Support #177 (Closed): SF36 in BHPS and SF12 in UKHLS
- I am using UKHLS for its BHPS data along with BHPS. UKHLS has the SF12 health scoring together with the derived PCS a...
- 12:26 PM Support #176 (Closed): Missing parental data
I'm merging data from the USoc Wave 1 youth questionnaire (a_youth) and the Wave 1 adult individual questionna...
- 01:08 PM Support #159 (Closed): Father's social class
- we shall update the post if we find more on the issue.
- 01:07 PM Support #172 (Closed): racel
- 01:06 PM Support #174 (Closed): Understanding "Missing" in IP data
Also available in: Atom