Dear support team,
I am using wave 3 to construct measures of over/under education by occupation. I would like to use the latest occupational classification, c_jbsoc10, but there are much fewer observations compared to c_jbsoc00_cc. Is there a way to convert the SOC2000 into SOC2010?
Dr Michela Vecchi
Updated by Stephanie Auty over 1 year ago
- Category set to Derived variables
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee set to Michela Vecchi
- Target version set to M3
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
- Private changed from Yes to No
w_jbsoc10 will only be populated for individuals who have changed their job since we introduced coding to SOC2010 as we have not gone back to recode previous responses that were coded to SOC2000. There will be information on the ONS website on mapping between the two.