From 03/03/2020 to 04/01/2020
- 10:25 AM Support #1329: Enumeration of strata variable and
- 2. Question implies I want a definitive advice on how to cluster in practice. What I meant is: Is there theoretically...
- 10:22 AM Support #1329 (Resolved): Enumeration of strata variable and
- Dear Support
I have two questions regarding strata formation and clustering in analysis:
1. After reading Lynn ...
- 10:09 AM Support #1328 (Feedback): jbsoc10 jbsic07
- Dear Chloe,
The blue banner at the top of the pages in the online documentation for the full (non-condensed) versi...
- 09:29 AM Support #1328 (Resolved): jbsoc10 jbsic07
- I want to use jbsoc10 and jbsic07 on the indresp file from wave 3-wave 9 for some analysis that i'm doing. However, t...
- 01:48 PM Support #1327 (Feedback): Revision of derived variables in new release
- Dear Emily,
There is a document which lists changes since the last release. The most recent version is available o...
- 12:04 PM Support #1324 (Feedback): Childcare by grandparents
- 05:39 PM Support #1324: Childcare by grandparents
Thank you for your question.
So if you want to represent adults who have children of a particular type etc...
- 02:55 PM Support #1327 (Resolved): Revision of derived variables in new release
I've run my code with the latest version of the special licence data (waves 1-9) and I'm getting slightly dif...
- 04:09 PM Support #1326 (Feedback): Attitudes Towards Immigration Info
- Dear Laura,
You can find more related questions by using our index terms search: https://www.understandingsociety....
- 02:39 PM Support #1326 (Resolved): Attitudes Towards Immigration Info
- I am currently investigating the development of attitudes towards immigration and I am planning to use Understanding...
- 04:21 PM Support #1323: youth self completion longitudinal weight
- Dear Olena,
Thank you for your suggestions.
I have found the f_psnenub_lw weight in the f_indall file.
- 05:36 PM Support #1323 (Feedback): youth self completion longitudinal weight
- 05:26 PM Support #1323: youth self completion longitudinal weight
Yes, the weight for the situation C is correct.
For the situations A and B we do not have tailored weights...
- 04:26 PM Support #1305 (Feedback): Weighting for youth questionnaire
- 04:25 PM Support #1319 (Feedback): clarification on jbpen variable in UKHLS
- 10:23 AM Support #1324 (In Progress): Childcare by grandparents
- Hi Cath,
Thanks for your query. A member of our user support team is looking at these and we'll be in touch soon. ...
- 09:31 AM Support #1324 (Resolved): Childcare by grandparents
I’m looking at USOC data on the use of grandparents for childcare. As the datafile structures are slightly co...
- 03:17 PM Support #1323 (In Progress): youth self completion longitudinal weight
- Hi Linda,
Your questions have been passed to our weighting specialists and we'll get back to you very soon.
- 01:37 PM Support #1323 (Resolved): youth self completion longitudinal weight
- Hi US Support,
I have a question about the youth self-completion weight.
My analytical sample comprises of yout...
- 01:49 PM Support #1321 (Resolved): Self-efficacy module - wave 2
- 01:22 PM Support #1321: Self-efficacy module - wave 2
- Thanks for that Becky.
It seems that the first two items from question 32 on that self-completion questionnaire re...
- 12:50 PM Support #1321 (Feedback): Self-efficacy module - wave 2
- Hi Lewis,
This one is a little more complicated.
Self-efficacy questions were asked in Wave 2, but this used ...
- 12:52 PM Support #1322 (Resolved): Positive and negative events
- 12:43 PM Support #1322: Positive and negative events
- Ok thanks, that makes sense.
- 12:36 PM Support #1322 (Feedback): Positive and negative events
- Hi Lewis,
I'm answering this question first, as it's the more straight forward one!
We don't release data from ...
- 12:38 PM Support #1142: Identifying unemployment spells
- Thanks, that's good to know. Issue resolved.
(Apologies, I only just noticed this was assigned back to me for feed...
- 12:50 AM Support #1322 (Resolved): Positive and negative events
This is similar to #1321 which I recently opened (i.e. a discrepancy between the long-term content plan and...
- 07:32 PM Support #1321 (Resolved): Self-efficacy module - wave 2
The long-term content plan states that the 'Self-Efficacy (self-completion)' module was included in the adu...
- 05:39 PM Support #1316: birthyear of all first born child and vocational qualificaitons
- Dear Maria,
You may want to compare your created variable or w_qfvoc1-16 with either w_hiqual_dv or w_qfhigh_dv, b...
- 03:11 PM Support #1316: birthyear of all first born child and vocational qualificaitons
- Dear Stephanie,
thank you for your reply.
I tried to generate a variable from w_qfvoc1-16 and it worked. I was able...
- 09:29 AM Support #1319 (In Progress): clarification on jbpen variable in UKHLS
- Dear Karen,
You can look at the universe of the question (who is asked) by reading the questionnaires which can be...
Also available in: Atom