From 02/23/2020 to 03/23/2020
- 05:36 PM Support #1323 (Feedback): youth self completion longitudinal weight
- 05:26 PM Support #1323: youth self completion longitudinal weight
Yes, the weight for the situation C is correct.
For the situations A and B we do not have tailored weights...
- 04:26 PM Support #1305 (Feedback): Weighting for youth questionnaire
- 04:25 PM Support #1319 (Feedback): clarification on jbpen variable in UKHLS
- 10:23 AM Support #1324 (In Progress): Childcare by grandparents
- Hi Cath,
Thanks for your query. A member of our user support team is looking at these and we'll be in touch soon. ...
- 09:31 AM Support #1324 (Resolved): Childcare by grandparents
I’m looking at USOC data on the use of grandparents for childcare. As the datafile structures are slightly co...
- 03:17 PM Support #1323 (In Progress): youth self completion longitudinal weight
- Hi Linda,
Your questions have been passed to our weighting specialists and we'll get back to you very soon.
- 01:37 PM Support #1323 (Resolved): youth self completion longitudinal weight
- Hi US Support,
I have a question about the youth self-completion weight.
My analytical sample comprises of yout...
- 01:49 PM Support #1321 (Resolved): Self-efficacy module - wave 2
- 01:22 PM Support #1321: Self-efficacy module - wave 2
- Thanks for that Becky.
It seems that the first two items from question 32 on that self-completion questionnaire re...
- 12:50 PM Support #1321 (Feedback): Self-efficacy module - wave 2
- Hi Lewis,
This one is a little more complicated.
Self-efficacy questions were asked in Wave 2, but this used ...
- 12:52 PM Support #1322 (Resolved): Positive and negative events
- 12:43 PM Support #1322: Positive and negative events
- Ok thanks, that makes sense.
- 12:36 PM Support #1322 (Feedback): Positive and negative events
- Hi Lewis,
I'm answering this question first, as it's the more straight forward one!
We don't release data from ...
- 12:38 PM Support #1142: Identifying unemployment spells
- Thanks, that's good to know. Issue resolved.
(Apologies, I only just noticed this was assigned back to me for feed...
- 12:50 AM Support #1322 (Resolved): Positive and negative events
This is similar to #1321 which I recently opened (i.e. a discrepancy between the long-term content plan and...
- 07:32 PM Support #1321 (Resolved): Self-efficacy module - wave 2
The long-term content plan states that the 'Self-Efficacy (self-completion)' module was included in the adu...
- 05:39 PM Support #1316: birthyear of all first born child and vocational qualificaitons
- Dear Maria,
You may want to compare your created variable or w_qfvoc1-16 with either w_hiqual_dv or w_qfhigh_dv, b...
- 03:11 PM Support #1316: birthyear of all first born child and vocational qualificaitons
- Dear Stephanie,
thank you for your reply.
I tried to generate a variable from w_qfvoc1-16 and it worked. I was able...
- 09:29 AM Support #1319 (In Progress): clarification on jbpen variable in UKHLS
- Dear Karen,
You can look at the universe of the question (who is asked) by reading the questionnaires which can be...
- 06:15 PM Support #1316: birthyear of all first born child and vocational qualificaitons
- Dear Maria,
We have w_qfvoc1-16 in Understanding Society, which could be used to derive a variable similar to bw_q...
- 05:10 PM Support #1319 (Resolved): clarification on jbpen variable in UKHLS
The question for this variable jbpen was asked to those who satisfied jbsemp = 1 (currently an employee of a f...
- 11:45 AM Support #1318 (Feedback): Special Licence access
- Dear Ashley,
Yes, you will require a new SL approval. Please liaise with the UK Data Service regarding this.
- 09:02 AM Support #1318 (Resolved): Special Licence access
I am seeking clarification regarding a data access issue. I require access to a second special licence (SL) ...
- 02:57 PM Support #1317 (Feedback): inapplicable jbhrs when jbsemp=1 (wave 6)
- Dear Cristina,
During the interview, jbsempchk (And are you still self employed/an employee?) is asked using data ...
- 02:16 PM Support #1308 (Feedback): Cross-sectional weights 0 values
- 02:15 PM Support #1315 (Feedback): SDQ in child data
- Dear Marie,
The choice of ages was influenced by the sweeps of the Millennium Cohort Study (9 months, then age 3, ...
- 02:03 PM Support #1314 (Feedback): NPD-USOC linkages
- Dear Daniel,
The Wave 4 linkage is close to completion, and the current estimate is of weeks rather than months. I...
- 08:34 AM Support #1315: SDQ in child data
- Hi Stephanie,
That makes sense, thank you! If you can find out, it would be interesting to know why at five and ei...
Also available in: Atom