From 04/16/2019 to 05/15/2019
- 04:49 PM Support #1192: Caring for a Child
- Hi Sarah,
w_ndepchl_dv is a simple count of the number of own children (w_relationship_dv=9,10,11, or 12) a person...
- 04:22 PM Support #1192: Caring for a Child
- Dear Stephanie,
Therefore, these variable (rach16, ndepchl_dv) only makes it possible to explore Understanding Soci...
- 02:56 PM Support #1192: Caring for a Child
- Dear Sarah,
No, only one person will be recorded as the responsible adult, in that order of priority. If the mothe...
- 02:53 PM Support #1192: Caring for a Child
- Thank you Stephanie
To confirm then, if both mother and father are in the household, then both will be recorded as ...
- 01:49 PM Support #1192: Caring for a Child
- Dear Sarah,
No, w_rach16_dv is not a value reported by the participant. It is derived by us based on whether they ...
- 08:20 PM Support #1192: Caring for a Child
- Hi Stephanie
Thank you, I'm looking at the indresp dataset I should add.
Can I confirm then that if I consider my s...
- 05:52 PM Support #1192: Caring for a Child
- Dear Sarah,
Our calculations for w_rach16_dv, whether someone has a dependent child, are based on the variables wh...
- 05:05 PM Support #1192: Caring for a Child
- Dear Stephanie
Thank you for your response. I am a little confused.
I want to know which respondents have a depe...
- 04:58 PM Support #1192 (Feedback): Caring for a Child
- Dear Sarah,
There are two reasons for the difference: because an adult can be responsible for more than one child,...
- 03:16 PM Support #1192 (Resolved): Caring for a Child
- Understanding Society wave 8
rach16 that indicates whether the respondent are responsible for a child under the ag...
- 05:00 PM Support #1184: informal care receipt in wave 7
- There is a dropdown list of all household members with PNOs attached and the respondent chooses the carer from this l...
- 03:39 PM Support #1191 (Feedback): Availability of requested variables
- Dear Mandy,
It looks like the problem is that you have asked for variables which are collected for children or fro...
- 12:33 PM Support #1191 (In Progress): Availability of requested variables
- 11:29 AM Support #1191 (Resolved): Availability of requested variables
- Dear all,
A few weeks ago we requested data of the UKHSL study, since we think this provides a valuable data sourc...
- 03:54 PM Support #1183 (Resolved): Discrepancies in the distribution of religion between US and UK Census
- Reply via email to usersupport@
Thank you so much for this very helpful response!
- 11:55 AM Support #1187 (Feedback): Is it possible to identify contributory and income-based JSA
Such a flag variable is not available but you can create it yourself. Here is the response from our income ...
- 11:20 AM Support #1187 (In Progress): Is it possible to identify contributory and income-based JSA
- Many thanks for your enquiry. The Understanding Society team is looking into it and we will get back to you as soon a...
- 10:22 AM Support #1187 (Resolved): Is it possible to identify contributory and income-based JSA
I am interesting in looking at the different impact that means-tested and contributory benefits have on peo...
- 11:19 AM Support #1186 (Feedback): Ethnicity Data Inapplicable
- Hi Freya,
Use the variable racel_dv in the file xwavedat. You can merge this file, xwavedat, with any individual l...
- 05:06 PM Support #1186 (Resolved): Ethnicity Data Inapplicable
- Hi i am looking to work with the ethnicity data in the BHPS sample, i was going through the data in stata and have fo...
- 01:01 PM Support #1181: Merging general health variables
- Dear Erica,
Our Policy Unit (https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/research/policy) are interested in contacting ...
- 05:57 PM Support #1183 (Feedback): Discrepancies in the distribution of religion between US and UK Census
- Hello Jing Shen,
The Census question and the Understanding Society questions are slightly different.
In the 2...
- 10:19 AM Support #1185: Linking all waves of BHPS and UKHLS: Inconsistencies?
- Thank you Alita!
This is very helpful as I was mostly wondering whether I did something wrong in the matching proces...
- 10:02 AM Support #1185: Linking all waves of BHPS and UKHLS: Inconsistencies?
- Also, sex_dv is only available for the 8 UKHLS waves and it does not have the same problem, that is, there is a valid...
- 09:40 AM Support #1185 (Feedback): Linking all waves of BHPS and UKHLS: Inconsistencies?
- Hi Nicole,
Without looking at your code I cannot comment but I can say that when I appended 25 waves I too find si...
- 11:38 PM Support #1185 (Resolved): Linking all waves of BHPS and UKHLS: Inconsistencies?
I've merged all the waves of the BHPS and Understanding Society into one master data file in the long-forma...
Also available in: Atom