From 08/18/2016 to 09/16/2016
- 03:20 PM Support #628 (Feedback): BHPS - isced variable
- Dear Sait,
The code to derive ISCED on the BHPS is available online:
- 11:45 AM Support #628 (Closed): BHPS - isced variable
I aim to create ISCED (education) variable for Understanding Society to use together with the BHPS ISCED varia...
- 10:46 AM Support #627 (Feedback): isco 88
- Hi Sait
the four digit version of ISCO88 is only available in the Special Licence version of the data. The data can ...
- 10:23 AM Support #625 (In Progress): PLBORND district of birth in BHPS
- Hi Mirko,
first, the good news is that the names recorded in PLBORN (BHPS) and PLBORNUK (UKHLS) refer to places that...
- 04:28 PM Support #627 (Closed): isco 88
I want to use four digit ISCO 88 codes in Understanding Society for current job and last job. Although these v...
- 08:33 AM Support #624: Income Data
- Dear Italo Franco,
As variables that are most suitable for any analysis depends on the research question we cannot...
- 01:34 PM Support #624: Income Data
- Any news?
ITALO FRANCA wrote:
> i'm studying the self-employment in the the UK. I'm interested in t...
- 02:01 PM Support #622 (Feedback): hcost, hsyr04, mgold, mgtype
- Dear David,
Apologies for the delay while we were consulting with colleagues.
BHPS and Understanding Society fo...
- 04:12 PM Support #625 (Closed): PLBORND district of birth in BHPS
- I am enquiring about the variable PLBORND that was available in the BHPS. It lists the districts of birth of each ind...
- 11:54 PM Support #624 (Closed): Income Data
i'm studying the self-employment in the the UK. I'm interested in the transitions of employment. I need the...
- 04:23 PM Support #623 (Feedback): Access to data
- Hi Thea,
yes, the continuing BHPS sample is incorporated in the Understanding Society study from wave 2 onward. All ...
- 09:05 AM Support #623 (Closed): Access to data
- Dear Understanding Society,
my name is Thea Elnan and I'm a Norwegian postgraduate student at the University ...
- 04:04 PM Support #622 (In Progress): hcost, hsyr04, mgold, mgtype
- Dear David,
apologies for the delay in getting back to you (as indicated on the noticeboard this is a busy period fo...
- 03:45 PM Support #617 (Closed): "Lost CAPI intvw" in e_ivfio, f_ivfio and g_ivfio
- 03:45 PM Support #620 (Closed): Interviewer paradata
- 03:44 PM Support #621 (Closed): Weights - biomarker data
- 03:44 PM Support #619 (Closed): Cost of obtaining the data at Local Authority level
- 03:21 PM Support #622 (Closed): hcost, hsyr04, mgold, mgtype
- Please could you advise what the situation is with these variables. In BHPS they (or their equivalents) were initiall...
- 08:58 AM Support #617: "Lost CAPI intvw" in e_ivfio, f_ivfio and g_ivfio
- Thank you very much!
- 04:32 PM Support #620: Interviewer paradata
- Dear Mollie,
we have different types of interviewer paradata. From what you write I assume you are after interview...
- 03:25 PM Support #617 (In Progress): "Lost CAPI intvw" in e_ivfio, f_ivfio and g_ivfio
- E_IVFIO=9 cases
Our data team has investigated and this is their response: Our understanding is that “CAPI LOST” m...
- 11:12 AM Support #621: Weights - biomarker data
- Hi Olena,
Many thanks for answering.
- 09:56 AM Support #621 (Feedback): Weights - biomarker data
- 09:54 AM Support #619 (Resolved): Cost of obtaining the data at Local Authority level
- Dear Maire,
Many thanks for your enquiry. Details about charges can be found here:
- 09:51 AM Support #618 (Closed): W5 mainstage: NS-SEC for all respondents?
- 09:49 AM Support #616 (Closed): LSOA Data in Understanding Society Survey
- 09:49 AM Support #615 (Closed): Derived variables
- 09:49 AM Support #614 (Closed): Occupation codes
- 09:17 AM Support #621: Weights - biomarker data
- Yes, that's right.
The indbdub_xw weight is designed for the analysis of blood information together with wave 2 and...
- 01:45 PM Support #621: Weights - biomarker data
- Hi Olena,
Thanks for your reply. I will be using the blood data too. Will using the indbdub_xw weight also take int...
- 01:20 PM Support #621: Weights - biomarker data
- Hi Claire,
If you are using only nurse information with mainstage (but not information from blood) use indnsub_xw ...
- 12:28 PM Support #621 (Closed): Weights - biomarker data
I am hoping to use the biomarker data (and associated nurse data) from the GPS and BHPS samples and their longi...
- 11:28 AM Support #620 (Closed): Interviewer paradata
- I would like to examine the interviewer paradata from the Understanding Society surveys.
I understand that the re...
Also available in: Atom