From 06/02/2015 to 07/01/2015
- 01:22 PM Support #388 (Closed): Weights Northern Ireland UK
- I am looking only at the Northern Ireland data - I have merged BHPS and US and am concerned with GHQ and self-rated ...
- 09:12 AM Support #387: Weights when nurse visit is baseline
- Assigned to the methodology team. Please note that it currently may take us a few weeks to respond to the more detail...
- 02:38 PM Support #385: EMB sample
- Redmine Admin wrote:
> EMB can be included in weighted analysis. Please see user guide for further info https://www....
- 05:26 PM Support #387 (Closed): Weights when nurse visit is baseline
- I’m doing an analysis in which variables measured in the W2/W3 nurse visit (baseline) are used to predict outcomes on...
- 02:33 PM Support #386: Using BHPS / Understanding Society for CNEF
- Please apply for a licence to BHPS data here: http://discover.ukdataservice.ac.uk/catalogue/?sn=5151&type=Data%20cata...
- 01:51 PM Support #386 (Closed): Using BHPS / Understanding Society for CNEF
- Dear staff of Understanding Society (formerly BHPS),
I would like to use the Understanding Society / BHPS data in th...
- 03:08 PM Support #381: lvwhy recording
- > Is it possible to get any information on the actual year of death for these individuals, or are there any estimates...
- 10:17 AM Support #365 (Closed): Net income variables
- 10:15 AM Support #382 (Closed): *_sex (not *_sex_cr) in egoalt file
- 10:15 AM Support #383 (Closed): NPD and Understanding Society
- 10:15 AM Support #385: EMB sample
- EMB can be included in weighted analysis. Please see user guide for further info https://www.understandingsociety.ac....
- 07:19 PM Support #385 (Closed): EMB sample
- Hi, I've got a question on the EMB sample. If I'm looking only on the general population, should I include the EMB sa...
- 03:31 PM Support #384 (Closed): NS-SEC variable
- 03:20 PM Support #384: NS-SEC variable
- Great, thank you.
- 10:44 AM Support #384 (In Progress): NS-SEC variable
- Before asking about current job, we ask about current economic activity category, see:
- 06:55 PM Support #384: NS-SEC variable
- Dear Jakob,
Thank you for this. It answers my first question - that those listed as inapplicable are unemployed (a...
- 12:18 PM Support #384: NS-SEC variable
- Info about method and underlying variables can be found, e.g. here:
- 07:34 PM Support #384 (Closed): NS-SEC variable
- Dear all,
I need to use the NS-SEC variables from waves 1 and 3. Two questions:
1. Why are so many cases listed ...
- 01:27 PM Support #359 (Closed): savings greater than income
- 02:36 PM Support #382: *_sex (not *_sex_cr) in egoalt file
- You are correct about the current source of the sex variable. We have so far only provided corrected sex and age vari...
- 01:47 PM Support #382: *_sex (not *_sex_cr) in egoalt file
- For some reason, the double equals signs aren't showing.
They should be in the sixth row
drop if `wave'_sex EQUAL...
- 01:42 PM Support #382 (Closed): *_sex (not *_sex_cr) in egoalt file
- Hello, I've been looking at gender in the egoalt file and it appears that ego gender is based on *_sex, rather than *...
- 02:00 PM Support #383: NPD and Understanding Society
- You should be able to find all the details around here: http://discover.ukdataservice.ac.uk/catalogue/?sn=7642&type=D...
- 01:51 PM Support #383 (Closed): NPD and Understanding Society
- Hi, I am interested in using the NPD with Understanding Society.
Could you inform me of the process I need to go ...
- 10:38 AM Support #381: lvwhy recording
- Thank you for the quick response.
I've found 1,253 observations, where the length of non-response prior to being...
- 10:25 AM Support #381 (In Progress): lvwhy recording
- We have yet to obtain permissions to link to mortality registers. We would like to replicate your analysis. How many ...
- 10:11 AM Support #381 (Closed): lvwhy recording
this query is in regards to the recording practices of 'leavers' in variable lvwhy in the BHPS (1991 to 20...
- 02:50 PM Support #377 (Closed): Twins
- 02:50 PM Support #379 (Closed): Query re nursing occupation representation in the datasets
- 02:50 PM Support #380 (Closed): conditional access to BHPS with older LAD coding?
- 03:13 PM Support #368 (Closed): variable "inc1lab" (Wave C)
- 03:11 PM Support #368: variable "inc1lab" (Wave C)
- Ok thank you! That helped a lot.
Best regards, Sabrina
- 03:56 PM Support #359: savings greater than income
- I have received the following advice:
It is correct that there are a few hundred cases like this. Two suggestions ...
- 03:49 PM Support #368: variable "inc1lab" (Wave C)
- The content of inc1lab is described on page 79 of the user guide, in terms of the variables which contribute to it an...
- 10:56 AM Support #378 (In Progress): Retirement data
- please provide more detail (https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/support/projects/support/wiki)
on behalf of the t...
- 04:42 PM Support #379: Query re nursing occupation representation in the datasets
- Respondents are asked for current job title and sector. Job titles are coded to the Standard Occupational Classificat...
- 04:37 PM Support #380 (In Progress): conditional access to BHPS with older LAD coding?
- The source of the LAD code can be found in the documentation. Lookup tables to older geographies can be created from ...
- 04:33 PM Support #377 (In Progress): Twins
- There were about 170 pairs.
On behalf of the team,
Also available in: Atom