From 10/26/2014 to 11/24/2014
- 07:16 PM Support #308 (In Progress): Current and past employment and non-employment at UKHLS wave 2
- 06:32 PM Support #308: Current and past employment and non-employment at UKHLS wave 2
- Sorry, I checked that variable and while the nextjob* in the same loop does work for most of the spells in the sequen...
- 05:07 PM Support #308 (Closed): Current and past employment and non-employment at UKHLS wave 2
- 03:14 PM Support #308: Current and past employment and non-employment at UKHLS wave 2
- OK, thanks.
- 05:56 PM Support #326: Revised weights
- Many thanks for the quick response. If I am not mistaken, there are a still a considerable number of zeros on the wei...
- 04:36 PM Support #327: Fed-forward employment status at W3
- If you are using data from before Wednesday, please get the latest version. We have revised some of the occupational ...
- 03:56 PM Support #327 (Closed): Fed-forward employment status at W3
I'm slightly concerned about the'fed-forward' employment status variables from wave 2 to wave 3, because th...
- 12:15 PM Support #305 (Closed): Mixed race sample in wave 1 and 2
- 12:13 PM Support #320 (Closed): Tracing movers
- 12:13 PM Support #321 (Closed): Nurse assessment for Wave 4
- 09:59 AM Support #325: stata docile to convert soc00 to isco-88
- Please see this FAQ
- 09:48 AM Support #325: stata docile to convert soc00 to isco-88
- Thank you very much. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to have access to the 4-digit version of the vari...
- 04:16 PM Support #326 (In Progress): Revised weights
- related #259
c_indscub_xw is on C_INDRESP
- 04:07 PM Support #326 (Closed): Revised weights
- Hello. I'm sorry if this question has an obvious answer. It was my understanding that revised cross-sectional weights...
- 01:31 PM Support #323: which weight to use
- My colleague is also saying that if I decide to look at changes (not to do a longirudinal analysis) (for example, loo...
- 09:44 AM Support #323: which weight to use
- I would be very grateful if you could let me know if you have the resources and time to deal with my query within the...
- 12:21 PM Support #325 (In Progress): stata docile to convert soc00 to isco-88
- Please see #104
- 12:04 PM Support #325 (Closed): stata docile to convert soc00 to isco-88
- Dear Sir Madam,
I was wondering if you could advice me on where I can get a STATA dofile to recode SOC2000 categorie...
- 02:23 PM Support #324 (Closed): race/migration in BHPS
- I want to use the variable race/migration in my study. All that I find is "race" and "racel" in the xwavedat file. As...
- 09:20 AM Support #309 (In Progress): Unmatched District codes
- The source of our data is the ONS Postcode Directory Nov 2013. OSLAUA is related to LAD13 boundaries in England, wher...
- 09:07 AM Support #322 (Closed): Net Income measures
- and here it is;
- 05:57 PM Support #322 (In Progress): Net Income measures
- For the latest news on this, please see https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/news
- 12:57 PM Support #323 (Closed): which weight to use
- I am currently working on a publication with a very tight schedule using data from the Understanding Society. The pub...
- 03:48 PM Support #308: Current and past employment and non-employment at UKHLS wave 2
- > 1) Whether it is in some way possible to tell whether past 'paid work' spells were employment or self-employment - ...
- 02:49 PM Support #319 (In Progress): Merging individual and household data in SPSS
- Please provide everything up-front and be specific about variables, files, waves, release date, and software. A few l...
- 02:43 PM Support #322 (Closed): Net Income measures
I noticed in response to Support #285 you mention that net household income for W1-3 should be completed this m...
- 10:47 AM Support #308: Current and past employment and non-employment at UKHLS wave 2
- Dear Jakob,
Thank you but I'm still unclear on both of the issues above. I realise that the respondent is sent thr...
- 10:39 AM Support #317 (Closed): Analysis including Northern Ireland
- 10:31 AM Support #317: Analysis including Northern Ireland
- Thanks for the advice.
- 05:22 PM Support #305: Mixed race sample in wave 1 and 2
- > ... could not find a cross-wave version of current marital status (in the XWAVEDAT). I would like to find out if it...
- 05:06 PM Support #308 (In Progress): Current and past employment and non-employment at UKHLS wave 2
- The non-employment status, nextelse, is dealt with in the same loop as the employment status question, nextstat. If t...
- 11:42 AM Support #307 (Closed): Survey design xwaves
- 11:00 AM Support #320: Tracing movers
- > IDENTIFYING MOVERS
> 1. For estimating movers while we wait for secure access, the only variable I can find for ...
- 10:50 AM Support #321 (In Progress): Nurse assessment for Wave 4
- Just for Waves 2-3. For background and plans for further development of the health content, please see; https://www.u...
- 01:46 PM Support #318: missing standard erroros Wave 3
- Dear Alita,
Thank you for your response!
Indeed, that is the problem: strata with single PSU.
Before (i.e. in wave...
- 10:49 AM Support #317: Analysis including Northern Ireland
- Hello David,
The appropriate strategy for UK-wide analysis as you describe is to consider the NIHPS to be a single...
- 04:05 PM Support #321 (Closed): Nurse assessment for Wave 4
It is not clear to me from the documentation on the website whether Wave 4 included nurse home visits ...
- 04:04 PM Support #320 (Closed): Tracing movers
We are interested in tracing all participants that have moved house across Waves 1, 2, 3 and the upcom...
- 03:18 PM Support #319 (Closed): Merging individual and household data in SPSS
- I am trying to look at disability onset and offset rates (so if people become or lose their impairments/disability ov...
- 02:16 PM Support #316 (Closed): fibenothr_dv variable
- 02:14 PM Support #316: fibenothr_dv variable
- That's great, many thanks for your help.
- 02:12 PM Support #316: fibenothr_dv variable
- It’s the sum of the 36+ benefits on the income file (adjusted for joint receipt). Its monthly.
on behalf of the UK...
- 12:35 PM Support #316: fibenothr_dv variable
- Redmine Admin wrote:
> Just to confirm that the variable will be available for all waves in this year's release toge...
- 02:09 PM Support #311 (Closed): Possibility to merge BHPS and Understanding Society
- 02:09 PM Support #312 (Closed): Issue with "Self-completion Best Friends module"
- 02:08 PM Support #313 (Closed): Linkage between Wave 1, 2 and 3
- 02:08 PM Support #314 (Closed): Unequal number between "lived here continuously since the last interview" and the reasons
- 02:04 PM Support #315 (Closed): Zero values in Cross Sectional adult weights
- 01:05 PM Support #318 (In Progress): missing standard erroros Wave 3
- 01:04 PM Support #318: missing standard erroros Wave 3
- One of the reasons Stata does not produce standard errors when using svyset is that there are strata with only one PS...
- 03:34 PM Support #318 (Closed): missing standard erroros Wave 3
Some time ago I asked you about weights: https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/support/issues/106
Also available in: Atom