From 10/17/2014 to 11/15/2014
- 05:57 PM Support #322 (In Progress): Net Income measures
- For the latest news on this, please see https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/news
- 12:57 PM Support #323 (Closed): which weight to use
- I am currently working on a publication with a very tight schedule using data from the Understanding Society. The pub...
- 03:48 PM Support #308: Current and past employment and non-employment at UKHLS wave 2
- > 1) Whether it is in some way possible to tell whether past 'paid work' spells were employment or self-employment - ...
- 02:49 PM Support #319 (In Progress): Merging individual and household data in SPSS
- Please provide everything up-front and be specific about variables, files, waves, release date, and software. A few l...
- 02:43 PM Support #322 (Closed): Net Income measures
I noticed in response to Support #285 you mention that net household income for W1-3 should be completed this m...
- 10:47 AM Support #308: Current and past employment and non-employment at UKHLS wave 2
- Dear Jakob,
Thank you but I'm still unclear on both of the issues above. I realise that the respondent is sent thr...
- 10:39 AM Support #317 (Closed): Analysis including Northern Ireland
- 10:31 AM Support #317: Analysis including Northern Ireland
- Thanks for the advice.
- 05:22 PM Support #305: Mixed race sample in wave 1 and 2
- > ... could not find a cross-wave version of current marital status (in the XWAVEDAT). I would like to find out if it...
- 05:06 PM Support #308 (In Progress): Current and past employment and non-employment at UKHLS wave 2
- The non-employment status, nextelse, is dealt with in the same loop as the employment status question, nextstat. If t...
- 11:42 AM Support #307 (Closed): Survey design xwaves
- 11:00 AM Support #320: Tracing movers
- > IDENTIFYING MOVERS
> 1. For estimating movers while we wait for secure access, the only variable I can find for ...
- 10:50 AM Support #321 (In Progress): Nurse assessment for Wave 4
- Just for Waves 2-3. For background and plans for further development of the health content, please see; https://www.u...
- 01:46 PM Support #318: missing standard erroros Wave 3
- Dear Alita,
Thank you for your response!
Indeed, that is the problem: strata with single PSU.
Before (i.e. in wave...
- 10:49 AM Support #317: Analysis including Northern Ireland
- Hello David,
The appropriate strategy for UK-wide analysis as you describe is to consider the NIHPS to be a single...
- 04:05 PM Support #321 (Closed): Nurse assessment for Wave 4
It is not clear to me from the documentation on the website whether Wave 4 included nurse home visits ...
- 04:04 PM Support #320 (Closed): Tracing movers
We are interested in tracing all participants that have moved house across Waves 1, 2, 3 and the upcom...
- 03:18 PM Support #319 (Closed): Merging individual and household data in SPSS
- I am trying to look at disability onset and offset rates (so if people become or lose their impairments/disability ov...
- 02:16 PM Support #316 (Closed): fibenothr_dv variable
- 02:14 PM Support #316: fibenothr_dv variable
- That's great, many thanks for your help.
- 02:12 PM Support #316: fibenothr_dv variable
- It’s the sum of the 36+ benefits on the income file (adjusted for joint receipt). Its monthly.
on behalf of the UK...
- 12:35 PM Support #316: fibenothr_dv variable
- Redmine Admin wrote:
> Just to confirm that the variable will be available for all waves in this year's release toge...
- 02:09 PM Support #311 (Closed): Possibility to merge BHPS and Understanding Society
- 02:09 PM Support #312 (Closed): Issue with "Self-completion Best Friends module"
- 02:08 PM Support #313 (Closed): Linkage between Wave 1, 2 and 3
- 02:08 PM Support #314 (Closed): Unequal number between "lived here continuously since the last interview" and the reasons
- 02:04 PM Support #315 (Closed): Zero values in Cross Sectional adult weights
- 01:05 PM Support #318 (In Progress): missing standard erroros Wave 3
- 01:04 PM Support #318: missing standard erroros Wave 3
- One of the reasons Stata does not produce standard errors when using svyset is that there are strata with only one PS...
- 03:34 PM Support #318 (Closed): missing standard erroros Wave 3
Some time ago I asked you about weights: https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/support/issues/106
- 11:48 AM Support #317 (Closed): Analysis including Northern Ireland
- Dear support team,
I have a question regarding the different sampling design used in Northern Ireland (NI). I am u...
- 01:06 PM Support #310 (Closed): RGSC at wave 2
- 01:04 PM Support #316 (In Progress): fibenothr_dv variable
- Just to confirm that the variable will be available for all waves in this year's release together with several new in...
- 10:07 AM Support #316 (Closed): fibenothr_dv variable
- I would like to use the variable fibenothr_dv (total income from benefits and other sources) in my analysis but there...
- 03:12 PM Support #310: RGSC at wave 2
- Dear Jakob,
OK thanks, that makes sense.
- 12:34 PM Support #307: Survey design xwaves
This all sounds reasonable to me, with one exception. The observations within clusters are not independent....
- 03:59 PM Support #313 (In Progress): Linkage between Wave 1, 2 and 3
- Part of this can be attrition, but we continue to follow up original sample members even if we lose contact for a wav...
- 02:40 PM Support #315 (In Progress): Zero values in Cross Sectional adult weights
- see #259 Revision due this November.
- 12:15 PM Support #315 (Closed): Zero values in Cross Sectional adult weights
- I am using Wave 3 only of Understanding Society, and I am weighting the data using the combined cross sectional adult...
Also available in: Atom