"Inapplicable" responses for dweltyp
My question is about the variable "dweltyp" in the hhsamp files.
- Why are so many households reported as "-8" or "inapplicable" from Wave 7 onwards in the Understanding Society (USoc) data?
- How is "dweltyp" different from the "hstype" variable that was included in the BHPS?
- Why are there no inapplicable responses prior to Wave 7?
Updated by Understanding Society User Support Team 5 months ago
- Category set to Data documentation
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- % Done changed from 0 to 90
- Private changed from Yes to No
1) this was due to online interviewing being introduced in wave 7, in the web only households this information was not collected, thus -8
2) dweltyp and hstype are similar questions, though the list of categories for dweltyp is more exhaustive
I hope this helps.
UKHLS User Support