Index of Multiple Deprivation quintiles variable
I am carrying out analysis of waves 6 and 7 and would like to use the derived variable for Index of Multiple Deprivation quintile. I have done a variable search and can see that the variable I need is w_imd2015qe_dv. However, I cannot find this variable in the datafile g_indall.dta or f_indall.dta. I downloaded these datafiles early in 2021.
Can you help?
Updated by Understanding Society User Support Team 4 months ago
- Category set to Data releases
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- Private changed from Yes to No
You will need to download UKHLS dataset again given the index of Multiple Deprivation variables where uploaded in wave 12 release process back in November 2022.
The variables containing quintiles of the Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) ranking for each household’s LSOA 2011 area or equivalent for Scotland and Northern Ireland.
• England - w_imd2015qe_dv (IMD 2015 version) and w_imd2019qe_dv (IMD 2019 version)
• Northern Ireland - w_imd2017qni_dv (IMD 2017 version)
• Scotland - w_imd2016qs_dv (IMD 2016 version) and w_imd2020qs_dv (IMD 2020 version)
• Wales - w_imd2014qw_dv (IMD 2014 version) and w_imd2019qw_dv (IMD 2019 version)
These have all been derived from the latest official data released by each country’s statistical body. If you require access to the full or individual indices can do so by applying for the Special Licence dataset SN 7248 (LSOA2011) or SN 6670 (LSOA2001) as appropriate. This can then be linked to the required IMD dataset that is available as open-access data published by each country.
Hope this helps.
Understanding Society User Support Team