How to analyze environmental habits likert scale
I'm using all envhabits variables (11 items e.g. leave TV open). Could you please suggest if I could summarize the score (which suggest how often they are doing each environmental behaviour)? or could you please suggest the better and valid method?
Thank you so much! This is quite urgent since I have to submit my dissertation soon! I really appreciate it!
Updated by Understanding Society User Support Team 4 months ago
- Category set to Data analysis
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- % Done changed from 0 to 90
- Private changed from Yes to No
We do not advise on analysis-related issues and leave such decisions to researchers. However, you might want to check the following papers:
1) these questions are adapted from the DEFRA questionnaire so it is worth checking the original paper by DEFRA: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/69277/pb13574-behaviours-report-080110.pdf
2) the paper written by Understanding Society Topic Champion for Environmental Behaviour, Professor Wouter Poortinga, discussing environmental attitudes and behaviour questions in the Understanding Society, including the DEFRA questions: https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/working-papers/2022-03.pdf
UKHLS User Support