Is the answer to question #933 up to date?
My question concerns the urban / rural variable in the UKHLS and BHPS surveys. In fact, such question was asked 3 years ago by someone else and the support team responded to it (https://iserredex.essex.ac.uk/support/issues/933). I just want to make sure that nothing has changed and the answer is still valid.
Updated by Understanding Society User Support Team 2 months ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
- Private changed from Yes to No
Here is a complete list of urban-rural indicator variables avaiable for the main UKHLS & BHPS surveys, the datasets in which these variables are available and whether these are End User or Special License Access Levels:
1. SN6614: W_URBAN_DV (2 category) for UKHLS Waves 1-10 - End User License
2. SN6931: W_URBAN_DV (2 category) for UKHLS Waves 1-10 - Special License
3. SN7630: Multiple category urban-rural indicator based on 2011 Census for UKHLS Waves 1-10 (W_RU11IND) - Special License
4. SN7454: Multiple category urban-rural indicator based on 2001 Census for BHPS Waves 1-18 & UKHLS Waves 1-10 (BW_UR01IND, W_UR01IND) - Special License
5. SN6032: Multiple category urban-rural indicator based on 2001 Census for BHPS Waves 1-18 (W_UR01IND) - Special License
Hope this helps.
Understanding Society User Support Team