Dear support team,
I am wondering if there is an ISCED variable available for UKHLS? I saw that this exists for BHPS, but could not find it for UKHLS. I saw that this question was posed in the support forum three years ago with the information that ISCED will be available with wave 9. Is that so and could you help me out with that? Do you perhaps have a code that converts UKHLS values into the ISCED scale?
Many thanks and all the best,
Updated by Stephanie Auty about 3 years ago
- Category set to Derived variables
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Stephanie Auty
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Private changed from Yes to No
Many thanks for your enquiry. The Understanding Society team is looking into it and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Updated by Laura Spitaleri almost 3 years ago
Stephanie Auty wrote:
The Wave 9 data does contain the information needed to calculate the ISCED value, but it has not yet been calculated. We are looking into this further and will update you again.
Thank you very much,
looking forward to your update!
Updated by Stephanie Auty almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Stephanie Auty to Laura Spitaleri
- % Done changed from 40 to 80
We plan to create the derived variable for ISCED to be released with Wave 10 data next year, but if you would like to calculate it yourself in the meantime then the information is in the Wave 9 datasets.