From 10/18/2020 to 11/16/2020
- 05:14 PM Support #1441 (Resolved): Reasons for migration - w6 and w7
- Hi there,
I'm interested in the question on reasons for migration asked in wave 6 (migrationhistory_iemb1.mreason)...
- 02:09 PM Support #1439: jbpenm in BHPS & UKHLS
- That's brilliant, thank you so much for your help! I should have spotted that additional filtering question, sorry ab...
- 02:06 PM Support #1439 (Feedback): jbpenm in BHPS & UKHLS
If you look at the questionnaires you will see that there was an additional filtering that was included a f...
- 11:21 AM Support #1439 (Resolved): jbpenm in BHPS & UKHLS
I am working on a project to potentially combine BHPS + UKHLS datasets with a specific interest in the variab...
- 02:08 PM Support #1440 (Feedback): Identifying Household Roles
No there is no such variable. But there is a file EGOALT which shows the relationship between any two indiv...
- 12:31 PM Support #1440 (Feedback): Identifying Household Roles
- Good Morning,
I am working with the first 5 waves of the UsoC.
I am currently trying to undertake a within hous...
- 02:47 PM Support #1436: Caring variables in Covid-Wave 4
- Dear Alita,
Thank you very much for confirming these timeframes.
- 02:29 PM Support #1436 (Feedback): Caring variables in Covid-Wave 4
- Response from the team:
The routing instructions in the questionnaire for the question AIDHH shows that it is only...
- 03:21 PM Support #1436 (In Progress): Caring variables in Covid-Wave 4
- Many thanks for your enquiry. The Understanding Society team is looking into it and we will get back to you as soon a...
- 11:04 AM Support #1436 (Resolved): Caring variables in Covid-Wave 4
- Dear Understanding Society team,
I am working on the Covid-Wave 4 Caring within the household module and wondered ...
- 03:20 PM Support #1437 (Feedback): JK weighting guidance
- Dear Charlotte,
These jk_ data files are only meant to be used in conjunction with the Covid19 data files and so t...
- 02:16 PM Support #1437 (Feedback): JK weighting guidance
- Hi all,
I was hoping that you could clarify a few things regarding the weighting of the jk datasets. As far as I ...
- 03:18 PM Support #1435 (Feedback): BHPS wave 18 and UKHLS wave 1 integration
- Dear Arpita,
Since BHPS joins Understanding Society in Wave 2, so BHPS W18 could be considered to be UKHLS W1 for ...
- 12:05 PM Support #1434: Linking school statistics data school codes (special license)
- Hello Alita,
thank you for your quick reply!
I know how to access "Understanding Society: Waves 1-9, 2009-2018: Sp...
- 11:20 AM Support #1434 (Feedback): Linking school statistics data school codes (special license)
- Hello Carla,
From what I can understand you would like access to the School Codes. To do that go to the UKDS websi...
- 03:05 PM Support #1435 (Feedback): BHPS wave 18 and UKHLS wave 1 integration
- Dear User Support team,
I hope you are doing well. I am writing to you regarding a question about using BHPS 18 an...
- 12:18 PM Support #1434 (Feedback): Linking school statistics data school codes (special license)
I am planning to request the special license data on school codes. I would like to use them to analyse additi...
- 11:06 AM Support #1433: Category of education variable 'd_qfhigh' and 'd_hiqual_dv'
- Dear Alita,
Thanks for sharing the look-up file, which is very helpful. I currently get an understanding of how ot...
- 03:23 PM Support #1432: Self-employed who have applied for UC in Covid modules
- Hello again team,
Just following up on the non-response adjustment.
As I understood from your answer, I would n...
- 12:17 PM Support #1433 (Feedback): Category of education variable 'd_qfhigh' and 'd_hiqual_dv'
While a lower value generally reflects a higher educational qualification, these are not ordinal variables ...
- 01:36 PM Support #1433 (Feedback): Category of education variable 'd_qfhigh' and 'd_hiqual_dv'
- Educational variable ‘d_qfhigh’ includes 16 categories (shown as below). Does lower coding imply a higher educational...
- 09:54 AM Support #1432: Self-employed who have applied for UC in Covid modules
- super helpful, thanks team!
- 09:33 AM Support #1432 (Feedback): Self-employed who have applied for UC in Covid modules
- Hello Taha,
Our remit is to respond to queries about the data. If you would like to know about the R syntax for me...
- 03:00 PM Support #1398: Weights when merging several waves of USoc + covid study
- Hi Alita. Just a reminder on this issue. Any advices from Covid team on what weights one should use when conducting a...
- 12:32 PM Support #1432 (Feedback): Self-employed who have applied for UC in Covid modules
- Hi there,
I've been doing a quick analysis for the question listed above, I was hoping someone could sense-check m...
- 03:56 PM Support #1431 (Feedback): jbnssec3_dv & jbnssec8_dv
- Hi Michael,
this question has already been asked, please see https://iserswww.essex.ac.uk/support/issues/1337.
- 03:34 PM Support #1431 (Feedback): jbnssec3_dv & jbnssec8_dv
- Hi folks,
I was wondering if you could tell me what the values 7 to 12 relate to for the jbnssec3_dv variable? Als...
- 02:21 PM Support #1411: Update to #1349: Accessing data with METADAC access
- Dear Kevin
Thank you for your patience. We are establishing with the data team when the data will be ready and wil...
- 10:24 AM Support #1427 (Resolved): i_hidp and hidp missing from jk datasets?
- 10:23 AM Support #1423: Merging youth to adult data
- Hi George,
It will involve merging data files, so should require standard R syntax to do that. But the complicatio...
- 10:14 AM Support #1408 (Resolved): Family structure
- 10:13 AM Support #1418 (Resolved): Weight variable for appending all waves of USOC
- 10:13 AM Support #1429 (Feedback): Current | job: ISCO88 | (condensed | 3 digits | version) - Manager occupations
- 09:21 AM Support #1422: furlough in Covid-19 Study
- The Covid19 team has responded: In the September data there is a new question asked of all respondents who have in on...
- 08:00 PM Support #1423: Merging youth to adult data
- Thanks for the reply.
More specifically, how would I take youth data from say wave 1 and track those individuals t...
- 10:58 AM Support #1411: Update to #1349: Accessing data with METADAC access
- Hello Kevin - the Metadac team have informed me that they will be emailing you very soon.
- 12:23 AM Support #1411: Update to #1349: Accessing data with METADAC access
- Can you please let me know if I and when I will receive this data?
- 10:48 AM Support #1422: furlough in Covid-19 Study
- Ok, I see. I will pass your question onto the covid19 team in case they are aware of any questions that may help iden...
- 01:29 PM Support #1427: i_hidp and hidp missing from jk datasets?
- Hi Alita
Many thanks for your reply. This isvery helpful.
- 12:27 PM Support #1429: Current | job: ISCO88 | (condensed | 3 digits | version) - Manager occupations
- Hi Colin,
JBISCO88 is coded from JBSOC00, JBSEMP, JBSIZE and JSSIZE using rigid look-up files, see e.g. https://www....
- 11:57 AM Support #1422: furlough in Covid-19 Study
- Many thanks. However, those on furlough remained in employment. Sorry, I did not explain this well enough. Those who ...
Also available in: Atom