From 09/11/2015 to 10/10/2015
- 02:44 PM Support #430: Sample size and weight within blood sample w2
Thank you for your question. From your message I understand that you want to use information from three so...
- 09:25 AM Support #430 (Closed): Sample size and weight within blood sample w2
I am working on Nurse Health Assessment database in order to use data related to biomarkers and health. I deci...
- 05:22 PM Support #424: Proxies in general, how do they work?
- Hello Vernon,
As a general rule if any of the response outcomes say proxy (value = -7) it means that this was a pr...
- 03:30 PM Support #429 (Closed): Calculation of Benefits Income in BHPS and USoc
- I am writing with the hopes that someone can clarify precisely how income from benefits is constructed in the BHPS (a...
- 09:10 AM Support #412 (Closed): Weights for BHPS and Understanding Society
- 09:10 AM Support #414 (Closed): Weights for unbalanced panel
- 09:09 AM Support #421: mining of genetic + other data: collaboration?
- Just to acknowledge receipt - we hope to have a reply for you soon. On behalf of the team, Jakob
- 08:44 AM Support #423 (Closed): Application to use HES data
- 08:41 AM Support #427: Income variables' descriptive stats on US website do not match my results
- The online documentation is incorrect in these cases. Thanks for making us aware of this.
On behalf of the team,
- 01:35 PM Support #426: Merging youth to family information
- Follow these steps:
1. Merge youth questionnaire file, w_youth, to w_indall using pidp. The variables that you nee...
- 11:43 AM Support #428 (Closed): Adult SC Questionnaire Wave 2
- hi User support,
i'm using the questions on alcohol drinking from the W2 SC interview. specifically my questions a...
- 08:38 PM Support #414: Weights for unbalanced panel
Perfect, thanks. That makes sense. Many thanks for your help with all of this.
- 07:10 PM Support #427 (Closed): Income variables' descriptive stats on US website do not match my results
- Dear all,
please, could you kindly clarify the following points?
- The variable b_netinc1 as presented on the w...
- 10:11 AM Support #426 (Closed): Merging youth to family information
- Dear All, could someone please assist me. I have created a file with responses from the youth questionnaire.
- 09:40 PM Support #424: Proxies in general, how do they work?
- Thanks Jakob!
I had begun working with the c_egoalt file. I am adding variables according to suitability on to a s...
- 08:45 AM Support #424: Proxies in general, how do they work?
- This variable is an intermediate variable computed by the interviewing scripts and there are other more comprehensive...
- 06:44 PM Support #425: MEMORIG unclear values
- The various samples are represented e.g. here: https://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/bhps/documentation/volb/wave11/kindsamp.h...
- 06:34 PM Support #425 (Closed): MEMORIG unclear values
- Hello I am working with the BHPS, and am trying to learn more about values of the variable MEMORIG. This code the sam...
- 09:01 AM Support #418: Understanding Society dataset harmonised with GGP
- The GGP Harmonized Histories (http://www.ggp-i.org/data/harmhistories.html) are in part based on the predecessor stud...
- 08:48 AM Support #419 (Closed): Adult self completion wave 2 and weights
- 03:42 PM Support #414: Weights for unbalanced panel
You would need a weight called b_psnenub_xw or b_indpxub_xw (or another depending on the variables you are u...
- 11:12 AM Support #424 (Closed): Proxies in general, how do they work?
- I am looking at data from Wave C, file name c_indresp.sav SPSS file.
I am very interested in targeting households ...
- 05:21 PM Support #423: Application to use HES data
- pls see #306
- 03:02 PM Support #420: NPD linkage
- At the moment data have been linked for children, youths and young adults in England with valid consents in wave 1. E...
- 02:15 PM Support #416 (Closed): SOC 00 to ISCO 1988 stata dofile (code for 4 digits) Understanding society dataset
- 02:14 PM Support #404 (Closed): Where did sceverdrnk go?
- 12:15 PM Support #422 (In Progress): SIC 2007 variables in Wave 3
- 12:11 PM Support #422: SIC 2007 variables in Wave 3
- Dear Ashwin,
can you confirm that you are using the latest edition of the Understanding Society released data, i.e.,...
- 10:32 AM Support #423 (Closed): Application to use HES data
- Is there an application process to request linked HES data for Understanding Society?
- 03:22 PM Support #414: Weights for unbalanced panel
- Many thanks for your reply, this is very helpful.
> ??You can either use BHPS dataset with the first wave weight a...
- 02:27 PM Support #422 (Closed): SIC 2007 variables in Wave 3
- Hi there
I am trying to carry out a set of analyses for specific industry groups but I find that, of the 23,177 sa...
- 02:27 PM Support #421 (Closed): mining of genetic + other data: collaboration?
- In general my question is whether collaboration on the Understanding Society data is possible.
In particular: I am...
- 12:09 PM Support #414: Weights for unbalanced panel
You can either use BHPS dataset with the first wave weight and have information from a longer period, or you...
- 11:57 AM Support #412: Weights for BHPS and Understanding Society
- You can use in-built stata programs to use weights (which are much easier and save you from making mistakes), such as...
- 11:48 AM Support #419: Adult self completion wave 2 and weights
- Yes, you are right. You should use b_indscus_lw. Thanks for pointing it.
- 10:51 AM Support #409 (Closed): Weights for w2 bloods
- 10:50 AM Support #411 (Closed): Ethnicity and Socio-economic information
- 10:49 AM Support #413 (Closed): discovering whether a variable is asked in Round 5 (etc.)
- 10:23 AM Support #404: Where did sceverdrnk go?
- Just to confirm that this variable has not been released previously and that it has made it into the revision planned...
- 04:46 PM Support #420 (Closed): NPD linkage
- is it correct that NPD data is only linked for those individuals in the Und Soc Youth Survey in Wave 1
is it ever go...
- 06:08 PM Support #408 (Closed): mc
- 06:08 PM Support #407 (Closed): Missing variables in the UKHLS for the continuing members of the BHPS
- 06:07 PM Support #405 (Closed): Data on relationsihp duration
- 06:05 PM Support #419: Adult self completion wave 2 and weights
- thank you so much for your detailed response. very helpful! i have one follow up question w/r to 2a:
> 2. Yes,...
- 05:01 PM Support #419: Adult self completion wave 2 and weights
- 1. 16,000 that you mentioned include 4000 proxies (that didn't get self-completion) + nonrespondents to self-completi...
- 12:50 PM Support #419 (Closed): Adult self completion wave 2 and weights
- hi user support,
1. i am doing a cross-sectional analysis using the wave 2 adult self completion (SC) interview. w...
- 03:42 PM Support #416: SOC 00 to ISCO 1988 stata dofile (code for 4 digits) Understanding society dataset
- Please see resources available from CAMSIS: http://www.camsis.stir.ac.uk/
On behalf of the team, Jakob
- 03:31 PM Support #418: Understanding Society dataset harmonised with GGP
- Hi Katherine, Is it possible to reveal the source? Many of our questions are taken or adapted from other surveys with...
- 10:00 AM Support #418 (Closed): Understanding Society dataset harmonised with GGP
I was told there was a special dataset of Understanding Society that has been harmonised with the questionnaire...
- 09:32 AM Support #417 (Closed): Choice of income bands in proxy question on annual earnings
- I have a short question regarding the proxy question on annual earnings (Prearna) in the seventh wave of Understandin...
- 07:49 PM Support #416 (Closed): SOC 00 to ISCO 1988 stata dofile (code for 4 digits) Understanding society dataset
- Dear Madam/Sir,
I was wondering if you could provide me the stata code you used to convert the variable current jo...
- 05:40 PM Support #412: Weights for BHPS and Understanding Society
- Great, thanks.This makes sense in a regression framework, but what if I'd like to plot means of a variable over time,...
- 04:08 PM Support #412: Weights for BHPS and Understanding Society
- If you are doing longitudinal analysis since 1991, you should use indin91_lw weight. You use the weight once in your ...
- 05:16 PM Support #414: Weights for unbalanced panel
- Many thanks, that's really helpful.
I'm pretty sure I want scenario (3):
> ??...or does it thi...
- 04:50 PM Support #414: Weights for unbalanced panel
- I hope my answer helps to clarify yours and similar questions. There are potentially three scenarios:
1) if you are ...
- 05:07 PM Support #409: Weights for w2 bloods
- can be found on XLABBLOOD_NS.
On behalf of the team,
- 04:34 PM Support #409: Weights for w2 bloods
- Yes, there is a weight called c_indbdub_xw. This is for the use of both, UKHLS GPS sample and BHPS sample. It was sup...
- 01:59 PM Support #415: Question on household income
- This update only to acknowledge receipt of your request. It might take us a few weeks at the moment to respond to thi...
- 01:50 PM Support #415 (Closed): Question on household income
I am a PhD student at the Centre for Health Economics at University of York.
I am currently using BHPS d...
Also available in: Atom