From 08/23/2015 to 09/21/2015
- 04:46 PM Support #420 (Closed): NPD linkage
- is it correct that NPD data is only linked for those individuals in the Und Soc Youth Survey in Wave 1
is it ever go...
- 06:08 PM Support #408 (Closed): mc
- 06:08 PM Support #407 (Closed): Missing variables in the UKHLS for the continuing members of the BHPS
- 06:07 PM Support #405 (Closed): Data on relationsihp duration
- 06:05 PM Support #419: Adult self completion wave 2 and weights
- thank you so much for your detailed response. very helpful! i have one follow up question w/r to 2a:
> 2. Yes,...
- 05:01 PM Support #419: Adult self completion wave 2 and weights
- 1. 16,000 that you mentioned include 4000 proxies (that didn't get self-completion) + nonrespondents to self-completi...
- 12:50 PM Support #419 (Closed): Adult self completion wave 2 and weights
- hi user support,
1. i am doing a cross-sectional analysis using the wave 2 adult self completion (SC) interview. w...
- 03:42 PM Support #416: SOC 00 to ISCO 1988 stata dofile (code for 4 digits) Understanding society dataset
- Please see resources available from CAMSIS: http://www.camsis.stir.ac.uk/
On behalf of the team, Jakob
- 03:31 PM Support #418: Understanding Society dataset harmonised with GGP
- Hi Katherine, Is it possible to reveal the source? Many of our questions are taken or adapted from other surveys with...
- 10:00 AM Support #418 (Closed): Understanding Society dataset harmonised with GGP
I was told there was a special dataset of Understanding Society that has been harmonised with the questionnaire...
- 09:32 AM Support #417 (Closed): Choice of income bands in proxy question on annual earnings
- I have a short question regarding the proxy question on annual earnings (Prearna) in the seventh wave of Understandin...
- 07:49 PM Support #416 (Closed): SOC 00 to ISCO 1988 stata dofile (code for 4 digits) Understanding society dataset
- Dear Madam/Sir,
I was wondering if you could provide me the stata code you used to convert the variable current jo...
- 05:40 PM Support #412: Weights for BHPS and Understanding Society
- Great, thanks.This makes sense in a regression framework, but what if I'd like to plot means of a variable over time,...
- 04:08 PM Support #412: Weights for BHPS and Understanding Society
- If you are doing longitudinal analysis since 1991, you should use indin91_lw weight. You use the weight once in your ...
- 05:16 PM Support #414: Weights for unbalanced panel
- Many thanks, that's really helpful.
I'm pretty sure I want scenario (3):
> ??...or does it thi...
- 04:50 PM Support #414: Weights for unbalanced panel
- I hope my answer helps to clarify yours and similar questions. There are potentially three scenarios:
1) if you are ...
- 05:07 PM Support #409: Weights for w2 bloods
- can be found on XLABBLOOD_NS.
On behalf of the team,
- 04:34 PM Support #409: Weights for w2 bloods
- Yes, there is a weight called c_indbdub_xw. This is for the use of both, UKHLS GPS sample and BHPS sample. It was sup...
- 01:59 PM Support #415: Question on household income
- This update only to acknowledge receipt of your request. It might take us a few weeks at the moment to respond to thi...
- 01:50 PM Support #415 (Closed): Question on household income
I am a PhD student at the Centre for Health Economics at University of York.
I am currently using BHPS d...
- 06:44 PM Support #414 (Closed): Weights for unbalanced panel
- My question is very similar to "this one":https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/support/issues/393#change-1207, post...
- 05:21 PM Support #410: Income in Understanding and BHPS
- related #406
- 05:21 PM Support #401 (Closed): Weights and finding variables
- 10:19 AM Support #413: discovering whether a variable is asked in Round 5 (etc.)
- These questions were asked only of 16-19year olds in the extra 5 minute sample OR a recent immigrant. But they should...
- 04:32 PM Support #413 (Closed): discovering whether a variable is asked in Round 5 (etc.)
- Hi -- I would be grateful for a bit of help in determining whether the variable EthID3 is asked of all relevant respo...
- 02:04 PM Support #412 (Closed): Weights for BHPS and Understanding Society
I’ve merged the BHPS with the BHPS-subset of Understanding Society to create a longitudinal panel of BHPS r...
- 04:42 PM Support #411: Ethnicity and Socio-economic information
- For info about school linkage, please see: https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/2015/02/11/release-of-education-dat...
- 04:30 PM Support #411 (Closed): Ethnicity and Socio-economic information
- We are looking at the possibility of using Understanding Society to compare pupils outcomes (intervention v/s compari...
- 08:40 AM Support #410 (Closed): Income in Understanding and BHPS
- I see someone else raised a question about the precise calculation of income variables in Understanding Society. In ...
- 01:43 PM Support #405: Data on relationsihp duration
- I have received the following advice:
We collect information about partnership histories during the Partnership Hi...
- 05:04 PM Support #402 (Closed): Health conditions
- 05:03 PM Support #406: Calcuation of net income variables
- We are currently working on the documentation and should be able to provide more detail in a few weeks' time.
- 04:54 PM Support #409 (Closed): Weights for w2 bloods
- Please will you advise on the following: When using the bloods data in W2 (GPS sample) and W2 mainstage questionnair...
- 04:23 PM Support #408: mc
- pls see #354
- 04:20 PM Support #408 (Closed): mc
- I have been searching for the abbreviation list inclding "mc" in many of variable labels - but cannot find.
- 12:51 PM Support #407: Missing variables in the UKHLS for the continuing members of the BHPS
- Dear Hiba,
the questions we ask about housing tenure in Understanding Society are identical to the ones asked in the...
- 09:58 AM Support #407 (Closed): Missing variables in the UKHLS for the continuing members of the BHPS
- Dear understanding society members,
hope this email finds you well.
A quick introduction of myself, my name is ...
- 03:13 AM Support #406 (Closed): Calcuation of net income variables
I have a question about the precise calculation of income variables such as hhnetinc1 (total household net inc...
- 04:20 PM Support #405 (Closed): Data on relationsihp duration
- Dear Understanding Society people,
I am working with Understanding Society and I would like to know if the survey ...
- 04:01 PM Support #360 (Closed): Non-response models for Wave 2
- 04:01 PM Support #399 (Closed): w_hiqual_dv coding
- 12:01 PM Support #404 (Closed): Where did sceverdrnk go?
- In going through the newest version of wave 2 I realised that the variable sceverdrnk has disappeared. It is in the q...
- 01:26 PM Support #401: Weights and finding variables
I suggest that you use the weight b_indinus_xw for your analysis. It is not quite optimal as it does not co...
- 09:22 AM Support #393 (Closed): Weights for unbalanced panel
- 09:21 AM Support #394 (Closed): Data in Excel?
- 09:21 AM Support #398 (Closed): Identifying drop outs and re joiners
Also available in: Atom