From 11/18/2013 to 12/17/2013
- 02:57 PM Support #228: Wave 3 equivalent of b_indscbh_xw
- Hi Olena,
Thank you very much for your response. I do need to produce some statistics for which your advice will ...
- 06:29 PM Support #225: Merging BHPS and USOC weighting.
If you are conducting longitudinal analysis (BHPS sample) then there are weights for this: in wave 3 they ...
- 06:20 PM Support #228: Wave 3 equivalent of b_indscbh_xw
You are right that the wave 3 cross-sectional weight is a combined BHPS + GPS + EMB weight, so using it onl...
- 12:29 AM Support #230 (Closed): Weights
- I am using BHPS but I did not apply weight on my sample (I aksed my supervisor and he told me it is not that importan...
- 12:27 AM Support #229 (Closed): Social class for unemployed individual
- I am using the BHPS and I would like to know why do unemployed individuals report a social class (e.g skilled, unskil...
- 12:53 PM Support #228: Wave 3 equivalent of b_indscbh_xw
- Sorry - this is not an IP3 question (mistook this for wave 3).
- 10:42 AM Support #228 (Closed): Wave 3 equivalent of b_indscbh_xw
- Good morning,
I am conducting analysis of a several waves of data spanning BHPS and USoc, using only the BHPS cohort...
- 12:22 PM Support #227: Variable about university attended?
- in two years' time
- 12:07 PM Support #227: Variable about university attended?
- Thank you Jakob. Can you tell me when the Wave 5 data will be available to researchers? Best wishes, Vikki
- 10:33 AM Support #227 (In Progress): Variable about university attended?
- At Wave 5 we are asking consent to HESA linkage (hesacons) and the higher education institution a degree was received...
- 10:11 AM Support #224 (In Progress): enumerated person weight vs person design weight
- The weights are described in the user guide;
- 09:42 AM Support #227 (Closed): Variable about university attended?
- Have participants in the Understanding Societies survey been asked which university they attended (where applicable) ...
- 05:31 PM Support #223 (Closed): Understanding Society Waves 2 & 3 Jobhist Files
- 05:31 PM Support #220 (Closed): Problem with mergin files
- 05:31 PM Support #219 (Closed): Fertility history Understanding Societies Wave 1
- 05:30 PM Support #226 (In Progress): geographical identifiers
- None of the geographies we release would nest neatly into NUTS, but researchers can apply for access to postcode grid...
- 04:16 PM Support #226 (Closed): geographical identifiers
I am a researcher who is attempting to merge data from the Understanding Society survey with data from anot...
- 11:53 AM Support #225 (Closed): Merging BHPS and USOC weighting.
I have merged BHPS waves 1 - 18 and Understanding Society Waves 2 and 3 in order to construct consistent work-...
- 05:29 PM Support #224 (Closed): enumerated person weight vs person design weight
- What is enumerated person weight? How is it different from person design weight?
- 08:57 AM Support #223: Understanding Society Waves 2 & 3 Jobhist Files
- The BHPS work-life history files were released as added-value datasets. We expect that similar work will emerge from ...
- 01:14 AM Support #223 (Closed): Understanding Society Waves 2 & 3 Jobhist Files
- Hi, I've merged together BHPS indresp Waves 1 - 18 and USoc indresp 2-3 to construct consistent work-life histories. ...
- 01:45 PM Support #220 (In Progress): Problem with mergin files
- The benefit unit type relates to the compostion of the household unit, which will vary naturally from wave to wave. T...
- 10:03 AM Support #221: detailed information on derived variables
- The questionnaires are great for looking at the precise definitions of the raw variables but are not helpful when try...
- 09:05 AM Support #221: detailed information on derived variables
- We are currently revising the strategy for imputation and gross-net conversion with direct bearings on the derived in...
- 11:29 AM Support #221: detailed information on derived variables
- Waiting a year for this is not really very helpful.
In the meantime, who could I contact to get this information?
Also available in: Atom