From 10/11/2013 to 11/09/2013
- 06:10 PM Support #220: Problem with mergin files
- Shilan Dargahi wrote:
> I have set up a panel data using 18 waves of r_ecstat files. These files are part of the Der...
- 06:10 PM Support #220: Problem with mergin files
- I have set up a panel data using 18 waves of r_ecstat files. These files are part of the Derived Current and Annual N...
- 05:32 PM Support #220: Problem with mergin files
- We don't allow any attachments. You can copy in tabulations or examples in the Notes field. It would be useful if you...
- 05:16 PM Support #220 (Closed): Problem with mergin files
- I am using Current and Annual Net Household Income Variables of BHPS (waves 1–18) derived by Horacio Levy and Stephen...
- 11:36 AM Support #219 (Closed): Fertility history Understanding Societies Wave 1
- I have a couple of questions regarding the fertility history in the first wave of Understanding Societies. My aim is ...
- 04:04 PM Support #197 (In Progress): SF36GHP in Wave 9 of the BHPS
- Apologies for taking a long time answer this - it looks like a case where you are computing your own derived variable...
- 03:57 PM Support #209 (In Progress): BHPS movers and residential casward
- What you highlight is inconsistencies between data originating from different data collection processes, i.e. respond...
- 03:57 PM Support #210 (In Progress): Non-resident adult children
- Please have a look at the following added-value dataset and associated documentation;
British Household Panel Surv...
- 03:56 PM Support #215 (In Progress): Recording of deaths to BHPS / US respondents
- Deaths reported by interviewers are recorded in the annual interview outcome variables, IVFIO and IVFHO (see also the...
- 03:55 PM Support #216 (In Progress): Why so many deaths in 2000 and 2004?
- The survey office put more effort into verifying deaths of sample members in certain years if the sample members or t...
- 03:54 PM Support #217 (In Progress): linkage with npd
- Dec 2013 - for more information about linkage and consent to linkage please see;
- 03:52 PM Support #218 (In Progress): Use of health and welfare services in USoC
- Please see #81
- 07:14 PM Support #218 (Resolved): Use of health and welfare services in USoC
In the BHPS there were plentiful variables to measure respondent access to their GP, hospitals and receipt of ...
- 10:30 AM Support #187 (Closed): NIHPS 2008-09 (SN: 5151) - correct household weighting variable?
- 10:27 AM Support #198 (Closed): Understanding Societies wave 1: a_lmend
- 10:27 AM Support #199 (Closed): health conditions in main adult data set - wave 1 and wave 2
- 10:27 AM Support #205 (Closed): Comparable health variables: BHPS-USoc
- 10:26 AM Support #206 (Closed): income variables in Understanding Society
- 10:26 AM Support #208 (Closed): move abroad
- 10:11 AM Support #211 (Closed): ethid4a and pride4a in wave 2
- 10:11 AM Support #212 (Closed): Retrieving previous responses to questions asked only once
- 03:08 PM Support #199: health conditions in main adult data set - wave 1 and wave 2
- 1) That's correct
2) There is no way of knowing whether a Wave 1 respondent still has one of the listed conditions a...
- 02:13 PM Support #205 (In Progress): Comparable health variables: BHPS-USoc
- There is some overlap in the self-reported medical conditions, general health question/satisfaction and the SF12 is a...
- 11:44 AM Support #217 (Closed): linkage with npd
- when will understanding society be linked with npd? which individuals will be linked?
- 11:42 AM Support #216 (Closed): Why so many deaths in 2000 and 2004?
I am just starting to get to grips with the BHPS and I have a question as to why there were so many deaths ...
- 10:57 AM Support #214 (Closed): SPSS files and documentation
- see #213
- 10:55 AM Support #212 (In Progress): Retrieving previous responses to questions asked only once
- for this you have have to combine the responses across waves or use the XWAVEDAT file.
- 10:52 AM Support #211 (In Progress): ethid4a and pride4a in wave 2
- pride4a is routed partly on (EthId4a = 1|2), so only those responses would have been followed up with the pride4a que...
- 10:38 AM Support #198 (In Progress): Understanding Societies wave 1: a_lmend
- the ‘something else’s might be those people who have separated but not officially divorced – but for them the marriag...
- 10:30 AM Support #208 (In Progress): move abroad
- The interview outcome categories for out-of-scope relate to sample members who have moved to an address outside Great...
- 10:25 AM Support #207 (Closed): income variables
- see #206
- 10:24 AM Support #203 (Closed): Merging BPHS and US
- 10:23 AM Support #202 (Closed): Analysing respondents from a particular year from two waves
- 10:23 AM Support #201 (Closed): combining cross-sectional weights from wave 1 and 2
- 10:22 AM Support #206: income variables in Understanding Society
- The income question are routed on jbhas and jboff (sometimes via jbsemp).
In a small number of cases there seems to...
- 09:53 AM Support #204 (Closed): Linked administrative data
- 09:51 AM Support #188 (Closed): Job satisfaction and promotion variables
- 04:46 PM Support #210: Non-resident adult children
- Thanks Emma,
I used the lprnt variable from xwavedat, rather than from any specific wave. Does this not contain in...
- 03:05 PM Support #210: Non-resident adult children
- Hi Rob
It looks from the variable info and questionnaire that the question for the lprnt variable was only asked o...
- 01:08 PM Support #215 (Closed): Recording of deaths to BHPS / US respondents
- Could you point me to anywhere in the documentation that describes how the death of a BHPS/US respondent is handled a...
- 05:32 PM Support #214 (Closed): SPSS files and documentation
- I'm new to Understanding Society and this site and am preparing introductory SPSS files and documentation for use in ...
- 12:19 PM Support #212 (Closed): Retrieving previous responses to questions asked only once
- I'm doing an undergraduate dissertation using the BHPS data and plan to use waves i through m. Crucially I need to ma...
- 11:52 AM Support #211 (Closed): ethid4a and pride4a in wave 2
- Good morning,
I am now using wave 2 to construct some new variables in Stata12 for my research. This involves two ...
Also available in: Atom