From 03/14/2013 to 04/12/2013
- 04:15 PM Support #139 (Closed): Comparing BHPS and Understanding Society results
- Hi Jacob,
I want to investigate whether differences in results at different time points from some selected BHPS va...
- 03:06 PM Support #138 (Closed): Children
- Is there a variable in both wave 1 and wave 2 that replicates the nch?? variables for children in household variables...
- 11:52 AM Support #137 (Closed): Weights
I'm working with b_indinus_xw as I'm interested in variables from the adult main interview. I'm also using as ...
- 11:33 AM Support #136 (In Progress): Preference over hours worked
We are not planning to carry an item such as BHPS's "wJBHRLK":https://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/bhps/documentation...
- 10:02 AM Support #134 (Closed): BHPS: employment experience variable
- 10:02 AM Support #133 (Closed): Private pension flag
- 10:01 AM Support #131 (Closed): Geocoded Wave 2 data
- 12:06 PM Support #136 (Closed): Preference over hours worked
I am a PhD student working at the University of York. I have been using the BHPS to study working time mismat...
- 08:42 AM Support #135 (In Progress): Voluntary work definition
The Wave 2 volunteering tool is adapted from the Helping Out survey (see source reference in the questionnaire...
- 02:52 PM Support #135 (Closed): Voluntary work definition
- Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am a PhD student at the University of Birmingham. I am using the Understanding Society Wa...
- 03:33 PM Support #134: BHPS: employment experience variable
Thank you for your help. I have managed to construct a measure using Halpin's work-life history data and up...
- 03:03 PM Support #134 (In Progress): BHPS: employment experience variable
"Brendan Halpin's work-life history work":http://discover.ukdataservice.ac.uk/catalogue?sn=3954 might be of in...
- 03:03 PM Support #130 (Closed): Jbsec variable in wave 2 - 12 months or 2 months?
- 09:20 PM Support #134 (Closed): BHPS: employment experience variable
I am using the last four waves of the BHPS data (o p q and r) for panel data analysis on Stata. I am mostly us...
- 03:24 PM Support #133: Private pension flag
- If you look at the "Use" of the variable in the questionnaire, you will see that it is computed on the fly in the Bla...
- 02:12 PM Support #133 (Closed): Private pension flag
I'm looking at the private pension flag in wave 1. The variable's name is call "a_privpen". There are two code...
- 07:42 PM Support #132 (Closed): problem obtaining the numbers for each ethnic group in in wave 2
- 02:43 PM Support #132: problem obtaining the numbers for each ethnic group in in wave 2
- Many Thanks, Jakob!! This is very helpful. Now I understand.
- 02:22 PM Support #132: problem obtaining the numbers for each ethnic group in in wave 2
- As suggested above, I would look at the variables hhorig and racel on XWAVEDAT (you will see that we are close to the...
- 01:28 PM Support #132: problem obtaining the numbers for each ethnic group in in wave 2
- Dear Jakob, Dear All,
Many thanks for your help. Jakob.
I just have a follow up question: I know that _hhorig (...
- 09:22 AM Support #132 (In Progress): problem obtaining the numbers for each ethnic group in in wave 2
> 1. what does the category ,inapplicable' mean? Who is in that category and why is this category part of th...
- 05:31 PM Support #129 (Closed): Item origin in Youth self completion data
- 05:31 PM Support #126 (Closed): Wave 1 files
- 05:30 PM Support #125 (Closed): household income variables in Understanding society
- 08:57 AM Support #131 (In Progress): Geocoded Wave 2 data
The Wave 2 LSOA 2001 lookup should be available from UK Data Service (formerly known as ESDS) within a few week...
- 05:12 PM Support #132 (Closed): problem obtaining the numbers for each ethnic group in in wave 2
- Dear Understanding Society Team,Dear All,
I am trying to with the Understanding Society data wave 2. I am mainly int...
- 03:59 PM Support #130 (In Progress): Jbsec variable in wave 2 - 12 months or 2 months?
The question wording is what was read out to the respondent, so this is the correct number of months. Thanks ...
Also available in: Atom