From 05/14/2020 to 06/12/2020
- 11:27 AM Support #1358: Employment status: indall - indresp incosistency
- All 16+ year olds enumerated in the household (and so present in indall), are eligible for adult interviews, but not ...
- 11:05 AM Support #1358: Employment status: indall - indresp incosistency
- Dear Alita,
thanks a lot for your answer, just a quick clarification: what could be the reason for someone >16 to...
- 07:41 AM Support #1359 (Feedback): Using the EMB sample independently
- Hi Natalie,
You are correct that EMB sample should not be analysed by itself. The JEMS paper you mentioned does no...
- 05:23 PM Support #1359 (Resolved): Using the EMB sample independently
- Hello, I have a question regarding the EMB sample I am hoping you can help me with? I was hoping to conduct an analys...
- 12:35 PM Support #1358 (Feedback): Employment status: indall - indresp incosistency
the indresp file includes everyone who has responded to the adult (16+ year) interviews, while indall inclu...
- 11:45 AM Support #1358 (Resolved): Employment status: indall - indresp incosistency
- Dear all, I would like to know your help about a probably silly question but on which I am struggling on.
Why the ...
- 04:36 PM Support #1343: Creating a family group for profile of parents
- Ok, thanks anyway
- 01:26 PM Support #1343: Creating a family group for profile of parents
- Sorry Katie, there isn't one as yet.
- 01:19 PM Support #1343: Creating a family group for profile of parents
- Ah I see. Is there an equivalent syntax available for SPSS?
- 01:10 PM Support #1343: Creating a family group for profile of parents
- Hi Katie,
Sorry I should have specified that this is a Stata syntax file. So, it will not work with SPSS.
- 12:38 PM Support #1343: Creating a family group for profile of parents
- Hi Alita,
Unfortunately not (I accept this may be me though!) Is this syntax suitable for use with SPSS? I'm getting...
- 01:16 PM Support #1357 (Feedback): Covid-19 survey and Wave 9
- Hi Chris,
The variable you need to match the two ca_indresp_w with any individual level file in Wave 9 is pidp. If...
- 01:05 PM Support #1357 (Resolved): Covid-19 survey and Wave 9
I am a novice at using Understanding Society data, but it is my understanding that respondents in the Covid-19...
- 11:03 AM Support #1355: question on household earnings in COVID study
- Hi Marina,
Sorry I missed your second question, "In addition, I would like to know how you compare the baseline ho...
- 10:05 AM Support #1355: question on household earnings in COVID study
- Hi Alita,
Thanks for your fast answer. I am, however, still confused about how to construct a household earnings ...
- 08:54 AM Support #1355 (Feedback): question on household earnings in COVID study
You are right that ca_blhhearn* is asked of everyone. But if someone gives a partial interview then it mean...
- 06:00 PM Support #1355 (Resolved): question on household earnings in COVID study
I am interested in the household questions in the COVID module (variables ca_blhhearn_answer ca_blhhearn_peri...
- 11:21 AM Support #1354 (Feedback): Linking children to adults in Covid-19 study
The file ca_indresp_w is the adult level file where pidp uniquely identifies each row. The information prov...
- 10:40 AM Support #1354 (Resolved): Linking children to adults in Covid-19 study
I have been analysing the April wave of the Covid-19 data. I have come across trouble linking the children ...
- 03:27 PM Support #1353 (Feedback): COVID-19 survey
- Hi Alexis,
We advise users to use "scaled" option, as the "certainty" option means that these units do not contrib...
- 10:44 AM Support #1353 (Resolved): COVID-19 survey
- Good morning and I hope you are well. I am trying to analyse data from the COVID-19 survey and I have a question.
- 07:56 AM Support #1343: Creating a family group for profile of parents
- Hi Katie,
I am attaching a syntax file that attaches co-resident parents information. See if this works for you. I...
- 02:12 PM Support #1347 (Resolved): weighting
- You are welcome!
- 02:08 PM Support #1348 (Resolved): Merging
- You are welcome!
- 01:06 PM Support #1350: GCSE grade data
- Dear Abigail,
detailed information about GCSE English and maths results is only asked of young people aged 16 who fi...
- 04:28 PM Support #1352: Differences between fihhmngrs_dv over different data downloads
- Thank you very much!
- 04:08 PM Support #1352 (Resolved): Differences between fihhmngrs_dv over different data downloads
- I've asked our income specialist, and his response is:
The reason is that imputed values get updated at each annu...
- 02:48 PM Support #1352: Differences between fihhmngrs_dv over different data downloads
- Thank you for the prompt reply.
I had a look through the revision document and it appears the change came in the t...
- 02:16 PM Support #1352 (In Progress): Differences between fihhmngrs_dv over different data downloads
- Hi Cameron,
Looking back through the revision documents, changes were made to the income variables in the Wave 8 ...
- 12:46 PM Support #1352 (Resolved): Differences between fihhmngrs_dv over different data downloads
I was previously working with an older download of US that contained waves 1-7. I recently re-downloaded the d...
- 02:35 PM Support #1331: query about food poverty/insecurity information
- Dear Fatemah,
The fieldwork for Wave 12 has only just started, so the data won't be available until November 2022...
- 02:22 PM Support #1331: query about food poverty/insecurity information
- Stephanie Auty wrote:
> Dear Fatemeh,
> In the data currently available, we have two variables relating to food...
- 11:47 AM Support #1350 (In Progress): GCSE grade data
- Hi Abigail,
Thanks for your query. The User Support team are delivering training today, so there will be a short ...
- 07:12 PM Support #1350 (Resolved): GCSE grade data
I need some help with my analysis for my undergrad dissertation
I am using the Harmonised BHPS data and my ...
- 10:06 AM Support #1348: Merging
- Hi Gundi,
thank you very much for your tremendous help, really appreciated.
Have an awesome day,
- 01:11 PM Support #1343: Creating a family group for profile of parents
- Thank you for you response! The second, more precise, option sounds exactly what I am looking for. I would be gratefu...
- 10:51 AM Support #1348: Merging
if you look at the interview outcome variable _ivfio or _hhresp_dv, you can see that there are households i...
- 04:25 PM Support #1348: Merging
- Dear Laura
Thank you for your reply. I am referring you to my colleague Gundi who will be able to explore this fur...
- 03:57 PM Support #1348: Merging
- Moreover, I forget to say:
if I start from the child file, after I merge with the indall I have unmatched observat...
- 03:46 PM Support #1348: Merging
- Hi Annette,
thank you very much for the reply.
Just to be sure, even if unorthodox (why though?) is it correct...
- 11:20 AM Support #1348 (Feedback): Merging
- Dear Laura
Cases in the child data file are a subset of the indall file (i.e. all children in enumerated household...
- 09:33 AM Support #1348: Merging
- Many thanks for your enquiry. The Understanding Society team is looking into it and we will get back to you as soon a...
- 11:25 AM Support #1345 (Feedback): COVID-19 survey
- Hi Charlotte
Thank you for your question. We’re currently working on Wave 2 of the survey and finalising what will...
- 10:17 AM Support #1346 (Feedback): SPSS Complex Samples General Linear Model assumptions
- Dear Yuting,
We recommend using CSPLAN along with Complex Samples in SPSS to adjust for weights and complex survey...
- 10:05 AM Support #1343 (Feedback): Creating a family group for profile of parents
While using the variables i_nch02_dv and i_nch34_dv will help you identify households with children in this...
- 09:46 PM Support #1347: weighting
- Hi Olena,
many thanks for your reply, I'll look into that.
- 06:42 PM Support #1347: weighting
The best weight for you would be a longitudinal adult response weight from the last wave of your analysis ...
- 06:22 PM Support #1347 (Resolved): weighting
- 1)I am using the waves a-f using info from the youth and the adults questionnaire in each wave. Which weight is the m...
- 06:24 PM Support #1348 (Resolved): Merging
- I am merging info from the child and the indresp datafiles of wave 9 (and I have to do it for all the other wavs).
- 03:39 PM Support #1346 (Resolved): SPSS Complex Samples General Linear Model assumptions
- Hi there,
I'm trying to use linear regression to analyse the Understanding Society dataset. However it seems like ...
- 09:28 AM Support #1332 (Resolved): Industry classification jbiindb_dv - how does it correspond to SIC2007 2 digit codes?
Also available in: Atom