From 12/24/2019 to 01/22/2020
- 06:05 PM Support #1305 (Resolved): Weighting for youth questionnaire
I have a question about sample weighting. I'm using a sub-sample of children who have experienced their parent...
- 02:22 PM Support #1304 (In Progress): The "fihhmnnet" net household income variables - what deductions are made?
- Hello David,
Please look at the User Guide sections 3.4 and 3.5.
- 01:23 PM Support #1304 (Resolved): The "fihhmnnet" net household income variables - what deductions are made?
Sorry to bother you. The Understanding Society online variable guide gives the following descriptions for the ...
- 02:19 PM Support #1303 (In Progress): Accessing linked data
- Dear Petra,
When you say health data, do you mean the Nurse Data? https://beta.ukdataservice.ac.uk/datacatalogue/s...
- 11:50 AM Support #1303 (Resolved): Accessing linked data
- Dear User Support team,
We are academics from outside the UK who are interested in obtaining access to the linked ...
- 01:26 PM Support #1301 (In Progress): Volume change between releases
- Hello Laura,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
What do you mean by "raw volumes"? Do you mean that th...
- 01:23 PM Support #1300 (In Progress): reason for leaving job for self-employment
- Hello Xiaowei,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Our team is looking into this and will get back to you ...
- 01:19 PM Support #1299 (In Progress): New entrant - How to identify in BHPS
- Hello Giorgio,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
You can use b?_hhmem variables to identify new entra...
- 12:51 PM Support #1284: Identifying parents with various types of child maintenance arrangements and the specific children these relate to
- Many thanks Stephanie
- 03:19 PM Support #1302: See term variable changed for wave i?
- Looking at an earlier support question - is this down to a large change in the volumes of respondents who have a CSA ...
- 03:15 PM Support #1302 (Resolved): See term variable changed for wave i?
- There has been a massive increase in the number of records for cseeterm and cseeterm2 in the chmain dataset being a -...
- 02:32 PM Support #1301 (Resolved): Volume change between releases
- Comparing the wave g datasets in the most recent release to the first time it was released 2 years ago I see a differ...
- 03:05 PM Support #1300 (Feedback): reason for leaving job for self-employment
I'm doing some analysis on transitions into self-employment. As part of this I'd like to understand why peo...
- 12:34 PM Support #1298 (Resolved): Matching youth data to parent data in Understanding Society
- 10:38 AM Support #1299 (Resolved): New entrant - How to identify in BHPS
- Hello to everyone, I would like to ask you one clarification.
I am working with all the waves of BHPS + US, and I ...
- 04:24 PM Support #1279 (Feedback): Wave 9 chmain file
- Dear Charlotte,
Apologies for the long delay in response.
The observations do loop over the children's names fr...
- 05:52 PM Support #1297 (Feedback): Household meat consumption
- Dear Neha,
We don't ask any questions on meat consumption in Understanding Society.
- 10:39 AM Support #1253: Selecting correct weights
1. Indeed longitudinal weights have more zeros than cross-sectional - this is by design as TSMs get positi...
- 06:18 PM Support #1298: Matching youth data to parent data in Understanding Society
- Hi Stefanie,
This is very helpful indeed. I noticed from the reply to Understanding Society User Support issue#252...
- 05:29 PM Support #1298 (Feedback): Matching youth data to parent data in Understanding Society
- Dear Paul,
In the w_indresp files, w_mnspid is the identifier for that individual's mother, while pidp is the iden...
- 05:29 PM Support #1297 (In Progress): Household meat consumption
- Many thanks for your enquiry. The Understanding Society team is looking into it and we will get back to you as soon a...
- 01:42 PM Support #1253: Selecting correct weights
- Dear Olena,
Sorry to bother you again, but I am afraid I am not understanding longitudinal weights. My aim is to ...
- 08:29 AM Support #1298 (Resolved): Matching youth data to parent data in Understanding Society
- Dear colleague,
I wonder if you can help me with the above. I have used the USS before and merged and matched waves ...
- 02:32 PM Support #1297 (Feedback): Household meat consumption
I am using the data _"Understanding Society: Waves 1-9, 2009-2018 and Harmonised BHPS: Waves 1-18, 1991-200...
Also available in: Atom