From 05/30/2014 to 06/28/2014
- 11:52 AM Support #276 (Closed): Sample sizes at Local Authority level
- Is there any way to find out roughly how many respondents are sampled within a particular local authority, so as to d...
- 04:55 PM Support #275 (Closed): BHPS sample psu strata variables
- BHPS contained psu and strata variables in the household sample datafiles not in the xwavedat datafile so there is a ...
- 04:34 PM Support #264 (Feedback): Data inconsistency - satisfaction with health - c_sclfsat1
- 08:31 PM Support #274 (Closed): Svy command using Youth data
- I am using Youth data to see how their drinking behavious, using Stata. I understand we have to use svy command to ac...
- 11:51 AM Support #269 (In Progress): Waves with Height and weight
- > nurse fieldwork document where height and weight would have been measured?
See protocol here
- 05:46 PM Support #272: Questions about IP1 and IP4.
- Dear Hsin Chen,
To answer your first question, you should read the guide and pay attention to OSM (original sample...
- 05:29 PM Support #270: Weighting
Yes, your situation is a clear example where pooling helps - i.e. with such a rare population that you stud...
- 10:38 PM Support #273 (Closed): Time variables at Wave 1
- 1. I suppose that time in seconds represents time from midnight in seconds, is that right?
2. There is a variable ...
- 10:38 AM Support #267 (Closed): Self-completion data (adults) from wave 2
- Thanks for letting us know, we will pass the information on to UKDS.
Please also see this link to the documentation ...
- 10:35 AM Support #272 (In Progress): Questions about IP1 and IP4.
- I will try to find out about your second question. In the meantime please have a look at the user guide (and associat...
- 08:16 AM Support #272 (Closed): Questions about IP1 and IP4.
- Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is Hsin, a postgraduate student in the Univeirsty of Manchester. I used Innovation Pan...
- 10:19 AM Support #266 (Closed): Wave 2-3 Biomarkers Release Date
- 08:29 AM Support #264: Data inconsistency - satisfaction with health - c_sclfsat1
- I can confirm that the data that were released are consistent with the data delivered to us. Spot checks of the origi...
- 12:29 PM Support #270: Weighting
- Dear Olena
Thanks so much for the quick reply.
Studying and reporting the waves separately is definitely a cleane...
- 01:15 PM Support #269: Waves with Height and weight
- Thank you Jakob.
Are you able to point me toward the nurse fieldwork document where height and weight would have...
- 12:55 PM Support #269: Waves with Height and weight
- We have so far collected self-reported height and weight of adults at Wave 1 and of 10-15yr olds at Waves 2 and 4. We...
- 12:57 PM Support #271 (In Progress): Where is the Cognitive tests & personality traits wave 3 located?
- The user guide has a section on this that might be of interest.
- 10:02 AM Support #271 (Closed): Where is the Cognitive tests & personality traits wave 3 located?
- I downloaded the latest copy of wave 1-3 data today and am unable to locate this new data
- 12:18 PM Support #270: Weighting
Your issue is not with weighting, but rather with the population that you are interested to represent and w...
- 11:47 AM Support #264 (In Progress): Data inconsistency - satisfaction with health - c_sclfsat1
- Gemma: would it be reasonable to say that there could be a potential issue with the data/coding?
Jakob: The only t...
- 06:34 PM Support #270 (Closed): Weighting
I am using the first three waves of US data to look at job loss and associations with mental health and self-ra...
- 06:06 PM Support #267: Self-completion data (adults) from wave 2
- That's great, thank you Jakob. That's all I need.
I do think though that the b_indresp data dictionary should be up...
- 09:15 AM Support #268: Survey sample
- The region variable, GOR (UK Region), is on the main sample and response files, e.g. here;
- 04:42 PM Support #269 (Closed): Waves with Height and weight
- I am looking for confirmation on the collection of body mass index in US. I have reviewed the questionnaires and nur...
- 02:45 PM Support #268 (Closed): Survey sample
- Would it be possible to tell me what the Welsh sample size is for this survey please?
- 10:13 AM Support #267: Self-completion data (adults) from wave 2
- you could search or browse the online documentation pages from around here for variables of interest;
- 10:00 AM Support #267: Self-completion data (adults) from wave 2
- Thanks Jakob. I've got the self-completion questionnaires. Is there a data dictionary file for the self completion va...
- 04:53 PM Support #266: Wave 2-3 Biomarkers Release Date
- we will update this faq when we have got a date for the release. The samples are still being analysed at the moment.
- 01:44 AM Support #266 (Closed): Wave 2-3 Biomarkers Release Date
I'm very interested in the Waves 2-3 Biomarkers dataset containing information derived from blood samples, ...
- 04:50 PM Support #267: Self-completion data (adults) from wave 2
- The first couple of waves we used paper questionnaires for the self-completion. You can find these as pdf in the docu...
- 04:07 PM Support #267: Self-completion data (adults) from wave 2
- Hello again - my apologies as it appears the variables are in the b_indresp dataset. I was confused because they are ...
- 03:17 PM Support #267 (Closed): Self-completion data (adults) from wave 2
- Hello, hope you can help. I've downloaded waves 1-3 from the data service in STATA format, but I can't find the varia...
- 02:27 PM Support #260 (Closed): age leaving home
- 02:27 PM Support #259 (Closed): Question about individual self comepletion weight in UKHLS Wave 3
- 10:37 AM Support #264: Data inconsistency - satisfaction with health - c_sclfsat1
- There does seem to be a shift for some categories between Wave 2 and 3 and more so for satisfaction with health than ...
- 10:02 AM Support #263 (Closed): Ethnic Boost
- 10:01 AM Support #262 (Closed): Weights
- 10:00 AM Support #261 (Closed): Weighting for wave 2
- 10:00 AM Support #258 (Closed): High number of 0 weights
Also available in: Atom