From 05/03/2014 to 06/01/2014
- 10:38 AM Support #264: Data inconsistency - satisfaction with health - c_sclfsat1
- I am unable to attach the document - so here is some additional detail. Please contact me if you would like me to sen...
- 10:20 AM Support #264: Data inconsistency - satisfaction with health - c_sclfsat1
- we haven't allowed attachments so far. The following text formatting tools might be of use; https://www.understanding...
- 10:23 AM Support #260: age leaving home
- > 1) Is the answer option ‘don’t know’ explicitly given TO THE RESPONDENT by the interviewer or is this option only r...
- 04:25 PM Support #264 (Closed): Data inconsistency - satisfaction with health - c_sclfsat1
- Hi there,
I am working for the Department of Health and am trying to explain why there appears to have been a dro...
- 01:25 PM Support #259: Question about individual self comepletion weight in UKHLS Wave 3
- Thank you for brining our attention to this issue. The issue with the c_indscub_xw weight has been now solved and the...
- 12:29 PM Support #258: High number of 0 weights
Thank you for your question. The drop of cases you observe is because with the c_indscus_lw you lose cases fr...
- 04:06 PM Support #257: Residential mobility and LSOA codes
- > On the xwhist variable there are quite a lot of cases where a postcode is present at wave 1, then not at wave 2 but...
- 03:25 PM Support #258: High number of 0 weights
- as for #259 we would like a bit of time to get the best possible answer for you.
- 03:23 PM Support #263: Ethnic Boost
- please see
- 12:03 PM Support #261: Weighting for wave 2
If you are interested to represent population of the UK (or any subgroup) at the time of wave 2, use b_in...
- 11:59 AM Support #262: Weights
If you are using three waves in one model then use c_indpxub_lw. If you are using each wave separately, the...
- 10:05 AM Support #257: Residential mobility and LSOA codes
- Hi Jakob,
Thanks for your very informative post, that clears almost everything up. It would be great to have a 'mo...
- 10:51 AM Support #263 (Closed): Ethnic Boost
- I have been looking through the cognitive ability data, and I can't seem to find a variable corresponding to the ethn...
- 09:54 AM Support #262 (Closed): Weights
I’m new to understanding society data and stata and just wanted to check I’m weighting the data properly (both...
- 01:34 PM Support #256 (Closed): BHPS to US migration data
- 01:29 PM Support #261 (Closed): Weighting for wave 2
- Dear support team,
I am using the wave 2 of US survey in a cross-sectional analysis. I need to account for all res...
- 01:03 PM Support #260 (Closed): age leaving home
- We are analysing the wave 3 question ‘age you think when you leave home’ (lvhm). We noticed that there are a signific...
- 12:52 PM Support #254 (Closed): svyset query
- 12:51 PM Support #259: Question about individual self comepletion weight in UKHLS Wave 3
- Thanks for your request - now forwarded to the stats dep.
- 11:28 AM Support #259 (Closed): Question about individual self comepletion weight in UKHLS Wave 3
- Dear Sir/Madam,
We are currently look at some of the self-completed measures in the UKHLS Wave 3 data; our sample...
- 02:14 PM Support #257: Residential mobility and LSOA codes
- > a) Using xwhist on xwavedat - although it is not entirely clear what a change in postcode actually means. Is this a...
- 10:53 AM Support #255 (Closed): Inconsistency in data set and online documentation for variable b_fimngrs_dv
- 01:31 PM Support #258: High number of 0 weights
- Dear support team - just a short note: The title is misleading (I first misread the problem, please ignore the title)...
- 01:30 PM Support #258 (Closed): High number of 0 weights
- Dear support team,
I am conducting an analysis where I want to compare life-satisfaction means (n_sclfsato) betwe...
Also available in: Atom