From 03/30/2013 to 04/28/2013
- 01:15 PM Support #142: where is work experience in the BHPS?
- For anything published it would be best to contact the authors directly.
You may however find the "Combined Work L...
- 01:11 PM Support #143: Derived housing costs variable in BHPS
- There is an underlying and rising trend in housing owned outright - especially from 2001/02 onwards. See variable, TE...
- 03:44 PM Support #143 (Closed): Derived housing costs variable in BHPS
- Hi. I have a question about the derived housing costs variable in BHPS Wave R:
The derived variable rxphsg is desc...
- 12:32 PM Support #141: Children information
- The indall data file contains for each enumerated individual their age and a pointer to co-resident significant other...
- 11:30 AM Support #141: Children information
- Hi Gundi,
Thank you very much for the explanation!
I wonder there is a variable (or index) to identify the chi...
- 11:05 AM Support #141: Children information
- Hi Frank
as mentioned in the questionnaire and dataset documentation variables such as a_nnatch, a_nadopt etc were c...
- 10:42 AM Support #141: Children information
- Hi Jakob,
Thank you for the information!
I want to clarify one thing. I find that some of the "a_nnatch" (numb...
- 11:51 AM Support #137: Weights
Thanks for the question. As long as you want to infer to the population you must use weights. The value of 0 ...
- 06:35 PM Support #142: where is work experience in the BHPS?
- Many thanks for your quick response Jakob. My apologies for making my question ambiguous. When I mentioned work exper...
- 03:08 PM Support #142 (In Progress): where is work experience in the BHPS?
Have a look this variable:
- 03:53 PM Support #136 (Closed): Preference over hours worked
- 03:52 PM Support #135 (Closed): Voluntary work definition
- 03:18 PM Support #138 (In Progress): Children
- please see #141
- 03:16 PM Support #139 (Closed): Comparing BHPS and Understanding Society results
It is not so easy to give a quick answer to this as it would depend on the study question and the study design...
- 03:13 PM Support #141 (In Progress): Children information
To find out more about the derived variable, have a look at the documentation;
- 04:50 PM Support #142 (Closed): where is work experience in the BHPS?
how do I get BHPS data on individual level work experience as appears in studies such as Blundell et al 2005 "...
- 02:29 PM Support #141 (Closed): Children information
I'm looking at the children information of the first wave individual data. But I'm a bit confuse. There are th...
- 12:41 PM Support #140 (Closed): occupational (re)coding
- 12:24 PM Support #140: occupational (re)coding
- thank you
- 12:01 PM Support #140: occupational (re)coding
For the first part of the question, please see #104
> The occupations of the father and mother when the re...
- 11:35 AM Support #140 (Closed): occupational (re)coding
- Dear Sir/Madam
We would like to address a few questions regarding the (re)coding of occupations of the respondent...
- 04:15 PM Support #139 (Closed): Comparing BHPS and Understanding Society results
- Hi Jacob,
I want to investigate whether differences in results at different time points from some selected BHPS va...
- 03:06 PM Support #138 (Closed): Children
- Is there a variable in both wave 1 and wave 2 that replicates the nch?? variables for children in household variables...
- 11:52 AM Support #137 (Closed): Weights
I'm working with b_indinus_xw as I'm interested in variables from the adult main interview. I'm also using as ...
- 11:33 AM Support #136 (In Progress): Preference over hours worked
We are not planning to carry an item such as BHPS's "wJBHRLK":https://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/bhps/documentation...
- 10:02 AM Support #134 (Closed): BHPS: employment experience variable
- 10:02 AM Support #133 (Closed): Private pension flag
- 10:01 AM Support #131 (Closed): Geocoded Wave 2 data
Also available in: Atom